Recruiting 22' 6'10 4* Composite Top 100 Christian Fermin commits to VCU.

fmrick

Elite Member
Insider
So far, Ward has not come close to putting up numbers worthy of leaving early for the NBA. If anything, his stock is sinking. Not sure what's going on, but he has been a huge disappointment so far this season.

Sorry, but I don't know where this Ward going early stuff started, but it should just end now. Trust me.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Day 1 starter, just like Ace was. Especially if Ward leaves early.
Maybe, Ace was a day one starter because he is good, but also there really was no other option.

The competition across the front line next year will be interesting for sure and it’s always a tough jump for young bigs—even the lottery picks usually struggle out of the gate. If he is though, that will be a great thing, because it won’t be a reward for participation for sure.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
@PRock Tre Clark was the other option. Folks here said he'd be the starter out the gate, and clamored for him to start over Ace until he left the team.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
@PRock Tre Clark was the other option. Folks here said he'd be the starter out the gate, and clamored for him to start over Ace until he left the team.
Agree Tre was here, outside a few on RamNation though, not sure there was any basketball related reason for that to even be a consideration. I loved Tre and dissappointed that he is gone, but he was a perfect for the role he was in to provide a change of pace and bring an extra level of defensive intensity. Similar to how Bri was developed.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
I also hope that Vince stays another year.
If his ball handling improves, I agree. But if we finally have everyone fully healthy for once, it's going to be a logjam for minutes. It's going to be hard to restrict Billup's minutes, even early.

And what if Curry decides to stay another year? :shock:

Last edited: