Recruiting 22' 6'10 4* Composite Top 100 Christian Fermin commits to VCU.

SteveMM

Elite Member
If his ball handling improves, I agree. But if we finally have everyone fully healthy for once, it's going to be a logjam for minutes. It's going to be hard to restrict Billup's minutes, even early.

And what if Curry decides to stay another year? :shock:
The big issue with Vince and Curry deciding to stay is that they (unlike Stockard) would actually take up a scholarship. Right now, VCU has no available scholarships for next year. I'm sure they could find one or two if they needed to, but who would they get rid of?

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
The big issue with Vince and Curry deciding to stay is that they (unlike Stockard) would actually take up a scholarship. Right now, VCU has no available scholarships for next year. I'm sure they could find one or two if they needed to, but who would they get rid of?
I may be the minority here, but I am OK with them moving along. We have enough talent coming in and coming back.

Last edited:

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
The big issue with Vince and Curry deciding to stay is that they (unlike Stockard) would actually take up a scholarship.
They would take up a scholarship even with the extra COVID year?

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
The only way I would consider taking either one back next year, and that would be Vince, is if/when a current player enters the transfer portal. And, in today's landscape, someone will probably enter the portal.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
The only way I would consider taking either one back next year, and that would be Vince, is if/when a current player enters the transfer portal. And, in today's landscape, someone will probably enter the portal.
It’s not PC to say this, but if Vince truly wanted to come back, someone will enter the transfer portal.

vcuramfan22

Elite Member
I see him playing right off the bat, it might a little bit harder for Alphonzo though with there being more depth at his position.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
I see him playing right off the bat, it might a little bit harder for Alphonzo though with there being more depth at his position.

It takes big men a lot longer to adjust to college level play than perimeter players. Assuming Ward is back (and he is not proving otherwise at this point in the season), along with DeLoach, I think he will be more on a timeline similar to DeLoach.

It takes big men a lot longer to adjust to college level play than perimeter players. Assuming Ward is back (and he is not proving otherwise at this point in the season), along with DeLoach, I think he will be more on a timeline similar to DeLoach.
That's probably a fair assessment. I would say the one counter is that Levi will be gone, so there will be more minutes, but some of those will be taken by Nichols and Deloach.