Recruiting 22' 6'10 4* Composite Top 100 Christian Fermin commits to VCU.

PhantomRam

Elite Member
DeLoach is 6'9" and 215. Fermin is 6'10" and weighs 15 lbs less.

Jalen will be outstanding. Like all freshman bigs, he needs to add strength, learn how to use his size, and learn to MAKE A FREAKING FREE THROW.
We probably need learn to accept his FT %. Let hope he is not as bad as French from ST Louis was.
You might improve a bit during your college career but it's not like you go from a 50% FT shooter to 75%.
Recent example -- MSS

BGDragoon80

Insider
We probably need learn to accept his FT %. Let hope he is not as bad as French from ST Louis was.
You might improve a bit during your college career but it's not like you go from a 50% FT shooter to 75%.
Recent example -- MSS
His shooting form looks good. IMHO, he will improve his percentage each year. Hopefully, he can be more like Mo Allie-Cox who shot around 74% in his junior and senior seasons.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Yeah, even assuming his production drops by 50% in the transition to college ball, that would still leave him with a very respectable stat line (it would still be a double-double). Very impressive.
Okay...so he's averaging 25 and 15, if he gives us 13 and 8 as a freshman..that's more than all current team's 4 and 5 's altogether. I'll take that.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
Very excited about Fermin, but take the huge stats with a grain of salt. In-season High school competition isn’t always the best competition. With that being said he was also a rebounding beast in the AAU season. I’d be curious how many of his points are dunks because he’s the biggest and best athlete on the floor or if he’s developed some post moves over the season. Again, very excited

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
I mean, come on! Those numbers are ridiculous! I know the competition isn't great but those are Wilt-like! And remember, he was a beast in EYBL, so it isn't as if he hasn't seen big time competition.