Recruiting 22' 6'10 4* Composite Top 100 Christian Fermin commits to VCU.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
@duncanlamb National Federation of State High School Associations. More and more schools have been partnering with them over the years, especially during COVID, to live broadcast their sports games. Nearly every Virginia school does it. They also have the games on demand. I added the link to my post.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
I watched the full Nazareth game where Fermin dropped 23 points, and the Pocono Mountain East (not great competition) game where he dropped 43.

I wish he were on our roster right now. He has made big improvements since AAU season, and looks every bit college ready. He's easily 6' 10" and looks every bit of 220 lbs, and would be the strongest looking player on our current team. He FLIES up and down the court, the way he moves in general and his footwork look D1 ready. Just effortless moving, like he's floating, kind of resembles Roosevelt Wheeler. He'll be a beast at blitzing screens and recovering.

I don't know how his free throw percentage is low. His form is perfect, and when they go in, they're usually all net! It will get better.

He's a monster at grabbing rebounds and going up strong over constant double and triple teams and drawing fouls. He always goes up strong with the ball, nothing weak from him! There is Tillman-like tenacity in him. He's also a great passer. I have no problem calling him a day-1 starter like I did with Ace, he'd likely be starting for us right now. He and DeLoach will be a NASTY duo, and I sure am glad he'll get to play with Ace, and hopefully Jamir. Can't wait for the B&G game!

Thank you, Rhoades and staff!

duncanlamb

Elite Member
I watched the full Nazareth game where Fermin dropped 23 points, and the Pocono Mountain East (not great competition) game where he dropped 43.

I wish he were on our roster right now. He has made big improvements since AAU season, and looks every bit college ready. He's easily 6' 10" and looks every bit of 220 lbs, and would be the strongest looking player on our current team. He FLIES up and down the court, the way he moves in general and his footwork look D1 ready. Just effortless moving, like he's floating, kind of resembles Roosevelt Wheeler. He'll be a beast at blitzing screens and recovering.

I don't know how his free throw percentage is low. His form is perfect, and when they go in, they're usually all net! It will get better.

He's a monster at grabbing rebounds and going up strong over constant double and triple teams and drawing fouls. He always goes up strong with the ball, nothing weak from him! There is Tillman-like tenacity in him. He's also a great passer. I have no problem calling him a day-1 starter like I did with Ace, he'd likely be starting for us right now. He and DeLoach will be a NASTY duo, and I sure am glad he'll get to play with Ace, and hopefully Jamir. Can't wait for the B&G game!

That's what i want to hear....finally.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
@duncanlamb there was a sequence against PME where he caught the ball on a fast break, flew down, went up for a dunk and adjusted mid-air to a layup and made it, then flew back down the court for an insta-block! That had to happen in a span of 5 seconds. He's definitely worth a special drive up to go see him play, you should go and give us your report. 😉

Last edited:

KentuckyRam

Insider

Hope the scouts don't follow this site.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

I like this assessment. The future is bright!

duncanlamb

Elite Member
@WillWeaverRVA he's that good. 🙏🏾 Eventually I'll watch a couple of his other games against the tougher teams, like the defending state champs. But he's very comfortable and polished at scoring close to the rim, besides dunks.

Based on the description you depicted...high motor, mean streak, playing even bigger than his size in additon to what I have seen. I am picturing shades of Alonzo Mourning.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
black-man-stark-trek-facepalm-gif.gif

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Just watched this game. At one point, Fermin came out from the paint and blocked a 3 pointer at the top of the key, caught the rebound himself, and flew down the court for an angry-Tillman slam! I wish there were a way to clip highlights from NFHS streams.

Kid's the real deal, folks. Enormous motor and ceiling, and he LOVES to post up and call for the ball on every possession. What a time to be a Ram fan.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
Just watched this game. At one point, Fermin came out from the paint and blocked a 3 pointer at the top of the key, caught the rebound himself, and flew down the court for an angry-Tillman slam! I wish there were a way to clip highlights from NFHS streams.

Kid's the real deal, folks. Enormous motor and ceiling, and he LOVES to post up and call for the ball on every possession. What a time to be a Ram fan.
You could screen record it. Get me access and I could do it if you can’t 😏