Recruiting 22' 6'10 4* Rivals Top 150 Christian Fermin commits to VCU.

Newgate Prison

Elite Member
my two cents is we probably need to get beyond comparisons of everyone to Shaka or ...... (try to enjoy the success of each coach individually)
I would suggest the measuring stick simply needs to be success of program over a 4 to 6 year period and did he keep the program away from any improprieties and filling the STU.
while it feels like the recruiting over the past 18-24 months is preparing VCU for a high level of success in the 21-24 timeframe, I worry about how easy it is for athletes to transfer from one school to another now and how it could impact a program like VCU that has (on paper) more depth in the 7th to 12th roster spots than most schools (even the P5s in my opinion)
Go Rams (and players STAY RAMS; the Richmond VA kind of course)
Our depth is and will continue to be strong due to something the blue bloods fail to do...find PT for at least 10 players due to the speed of our game...on both ends for the court. And I feel great about our family atmosphere headed by a legitimate fun and cool father figure in Mike. VCU may not have the name recognition of the elites but we have it as a tough blue collar program with a fun style. And Rhodes is GENUINE, which makes families and recruits feel safe.

Of course it’s also helpful that his coaching brilliance is finally coming to the surface on the national level.

Last edited:

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Our depth is and will continue to Xavier strong due to something the blue bloods fail to do...find PT for at least 10 players due to the speed of our game...on both ends for the court. And I feel our family atmosphere headed by a legitimate fun and cool father figure in Mike. VCU may not have the name recognition of the elites but we have it as a tough blue collar program with a fun style. And Rhodes is GENUINE, which makes families and recruits feel safe.

Of course it’s also helpful that his coaching brilliance is finally coming to the surface on the national level.

I am a big believer in Coach Rhoades, but I'm not sold on "his coaching brilliance is finally coming to the surface on the national level". Who has he beaten on the national level to prove this?

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member