Recruiting 22' 6'10 4* Rivals Top 150 Christian Fermin commits to VCU.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
No, they are both quid pro quos. In the first instance, there are two "quids" (come to school + sit for the picture); in the second only one.
You’re correct, but the SCOTUS has determined that the second can’t be prohibited. They have not ruled in the first, so the NCAA, conferences, and individual schools are within their rights to prohibit it.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
You’re correct, but the SCOTUS has determined that the second can’t be prohibited. They have not ruled in the first, so the NCAA, conferences, and individual schools are within their rights to prohibit it.
Just to be precise, the Court held that it would likely be a Sherman Act violation for the NCAA to prohibit the second. Or to really be precise, the Court held only that it was not reversible error for the district court to hold that it would likely be a Sherman Act violation for the NCAA to prohibit the second. Nothing the Court said would prevent a school from prohibiting it but none will because it would be unilaterally disarming in the recruiting wars.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Today the #1 QB recruit in the nation decided to skip his senior season to enroll early at Ohio State so he could profit from NIL.
How bizarre has our world become where a 17 year old QB is foregoing his senior year in HS to collect ~$1MM in endorsements, independent of the University. Dude has a fantastic mullet too….

Ramdog

Elite Member
College sports have been become minor leagues ..the tail is wagging the dog.
need a robust minor league system so colleges will be for students and college sports will be for student athletes

VCU Heel

Elite Member
How bizarre has our world become where a 17 year old QB is foregoing his senior year in HS to collect ~$1MM in endorsements, independent of the University. Dude has a fantastic mullet too….
Guys have been foregoing their senior year to go to college a year early for a while. $1 million sounds like a better reason to do it that what guys have been doing previously.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
Can individual schools vote for the President of the NCAA's? One of the worst organizations of all time. They are not effective. We are gonna see the football/basketball schism right?

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Guys have been foregoing their senior year to go to college a year early for a while. $1 million sounds like a better reason to do it that what guys have been doing previously.
I don’t think that is very typical at all, most football players at least play in the fall, grad in december and then enroll for Spring—i’m sure there are an exception or two, but this stinks. Even the association governing Texas HS athletics wanted to work something out—but to do so would violate state law. It’s a shame because that Southlake squad had a chance to be Vince Howard to Luke Cafferty special.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I don’t think that is very typical at all, most football players at least play in the fall, grad in december and then enroll for Spring—i’m sure there are an exception or two, but this stinks. Even the association governing Texas HS athletics wanted to work something out—but to do so would violate state law. It’s a shame because that Southlake squad had a chance to be Vince Howard to Luke Cafferty special.
Duke basketball has had at least 2 guys in the last decade skip their senior year and show up an entire year early.

UNC had a cornerback skip his senior year last year to play football a year early and he had a really good season and is one of the best cornerbacks in the country coming into next pseason at 18 years old.

It’s not super common, but it’s been happening. And I’d go back and skip my senior year in high school for $1 million. I’d have had a better chance at getting laid.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
Ne
No, they are both quid pro quos. In the first instance, there are two "quids" (come to school + sit for the picture); in the second only one.

We are not asking him to come to VCU in exchange for consideration. We are asking him to use the money he receives from his Ram Nation endorsement to go to a basketball prep school his senior year of high school.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Ne

We are not asking him to come to VCU in exchange for consideration. We are asking him to use the money he receives from his Ram Nation endorsement to go to a basketball prep school his senior year of high school.
We?

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
What media site is that from. Dang near shoulder at the
Found it. IG. Theres a cool video of him which I can’t figure out how to post. But here are 3 photos of it.Athletic dude. (Scroll thru them fast and it looks like a gif.

Attachments

• 2641C6F0-6623-464C-9E36-C07DFC9DEE12.jpeg
    2641C6F0-6623-464C-9E36-C07DFC9DEE12.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 20
  • A62C1A77-E226-4839-9786-8FCA61F894E3.jpeg
    A62C1A77-E226-4839-9786-8FCA61F894E3.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 19
  • F63547F5-E749-4F0D-A412-159E996C9EB6.jpeg
    F63547F5-E749-4F0D-A412-159E996C9EB6.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 19