Recruiting 22' 6'10 4* Rivals Top 150 Christian Fermin commits to VCU.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
Now that we have some danm blocks to work with, we can say, using advanced forensic, statistical, and optic multi-factor analysis, that Christian is a certified beast. Must be at least 8'3"

he's a FULL ten blocker easy. More like 10.3 if you want to be more precise

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I’ll give you the stats, but put some context behind them that specifically relates to Hason’s basketball history and they’re actually impressive for a kid this green to the sport. As for the eye test, go see an eye doctor; the potential is OOZING!
Yeah, I need glasses these days but I can see it. Ward is a problem because he creates turnovers in the frontcourt and the backcourt. He also runs the court after turnovers for fantastic fast break flushes. He is prolific in blocking shots and his field goal percentage hovers around 60%.

Since this is the Fermin thread he is very similar in skill set. He runs the floor well and he can alter shots from anywhere on the defensive end.

Last edited:

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
This has probably been discussed before, but I'm guessing that guy on the left (Brent Scott) has been a big part of our success recruiting and developing our power forwards. I can't remember a man with that size and accomplishments on our coaching staff before. Am I forgetting someone?
I can't really remember the last time we had a former big working as a bigs coach, but then again my memory doesn't exactly go back too far.

Whatever Coach Rhoades height is, Christian is one cylinder block taller = 8 inches. CMR height + 8 Inches = Christian's height.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
In my fortunate encounters with him and his family, Big B is one of the kindest most sincere, authentic people you'll ever meet, his whole family is. And people, recruits included, can read right thru plastic people, yall. It's bound to have an impact having such a person, with experience, at that position.

rammad90

Elite Member
I can't really remember the last time we had a former big working as a bigs coach, but then again my memory doesn't exactly go back too far.
I cannot remember a real big guy coaching at VCU as well. However, I was MIA during the Sonny years. it makes a difference. Agree that it pays dividends.

Last edited: