Recruiting 3* 6'10 223 Pound Center Moulaye Sissoko:Closed

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
giphy.webp

rammad90

Elite Member
If Cincinnati and Florida are after him, he can play and is likely to be a tough kid. Cronin and White are no pushovers.
The question he has to ask himself is does he want to take the chance of being recruited over and spend a career on the bench or does he want to come to a potential top 25 program that puts guys in the league, where he will get a chance to get on the floor.

rammad90

Elite Member
I like this pick up or any pickup that is 6'9 or better that can be a potentially good rebounder, rim protector, and be taught defense. A team like VCU that is wing oriented needs size. Not necessarily polished offensive talent but size to keep teams honest and make up for the smaller lineups we may have on the floor at any given time.

MSS will be solid but at 6'6-6'7 he's undersized and he doesnt have a Jamie Skeen type of game that will allow him to exploit bigger guys with his mobility and shooting.

Last edited:

Ramlove81

Elite Member
I think you're right, Rammad. For us, we usually need to recruit guys that need a couple of years to develop into that player. Sissoko may very well fit that profile for us, so my McLeod and Wahab. All or these guys have a lot of up side, but still need to develop. I don't think we are in bad shape for this year. Kory, MSS, MG and SM will give us a good rotation of inside players with differing skill sets. Only Mike graduates. Anyone we get won't have to come in and be a star from day one. If someone does, great! But we are more likely to get the guy who has the potential to be a star a couple of years down the road.

VRam

Elite Member
Also has/had offers from Florida, Clemson, South Carolina, and Cincinnati. This kid is an elite rebounder with a very high motor. I expect his ranking to improve dramatically. Thrilled about his OV. I wonder if he is not actually the best of the bigs on our list at this point. I would rather have Wahab, I suppose, but competition for him is going to be fierce.

I like the very high motor part. We've seen a number of 3-4 star bigs who seemed to be rather low energy. Either that or they were a little confused on the court.

A 3*
Now that's in our league.

He needs couple of years. Right in our wheel house. We need to build our program around juniors and seniors - 4 year prospects are our types

Will Wade once said that we need to be old because we won't be bringing in one and dones anytime soon