Recruiting 4* 2020 PG ACE Baldwin Committs to VCU !!!!

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
Want him here either way, but I think he sustained an injury within the last day or two based on his most recent tweet. Hope he’s alright. Curious what happened tho

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
"
Sr. Frances coach Nicholas Myles calls Baldwin, whose nickname is “Ace,” a throwback point guard and one that has the mindset and toughness that Martin loves to have from his guards.
“Relentless, Baltimore tough guard who plays with his heart and gives it all he got every night,” Myles said of Baldwin. “His best attribute is on defensive end. He is a great playmaker and scorer, but he is point guard from the 1980s. He is a point guard who wants to grind it out and play both ends of the floor. We are blessed to have him at St. Frances.”

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
We might be able to turn the injury into an opportunity. Show him we aren't concerned and want him just as much today as we did before, as perhaps others take a wait and see attitude.

Based solely on what the others on that list already have and have committed, I'd say that VCU and SH are the most likely landing spots. Would be an enormous coup for Rhoades and Blunt.

BTW, Blunt went to Ace's HS and is intimately familiar with the program.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Another excerpt from the same article above:

"Myles said Georgetown, Seton Hall and VCU have recruiting him the hardest so far. Virginia and Miami also are showing interest. Baldwin has taken unofficial visits to Seton Hall, Maryland, West Virginia and VCU over the last few months.".

Ramlove81

Top Member
Insider
Dec 4, 2013
We might be able to turn the injury into an opportunity. Show him we aren't concerned and want him just as much today as we did before, as perhaps others take a wait and see attitude.

Based solely on what the others on that list already have and have committed, I'd say that VCU and SH are the most likely landing spots. Would be an enormous coup for Rhoades and Blunt.

BTW, Blunt went to Ace's HS and is intimately familiar with the program.
And show him what Marcus Evans has done after the injuries he's had.