Recruiting 4* 2020 PG ACE Baldwin Committs to VCU !!!!

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
We might be able to turn the injury into an opportunity. Show him we aren't concerned and want him just as much today as we did before, as perhaps others take a wait and see attitude.

Based solely on what the others on that list already have and have committed, I'd say that VCU and SH are the most likely landing spots. Would be an enormous coup for Rhoades and Blunt.

BTW, Blunt went to Ace's HS and is intimately familiar with the program.
You make a good point. Often P5 programs will take their foot off the gas a bit when a prospect comes down with an injury. Sometimes there is an opportunity there. I would go after him even harder. I think the key here may be Jamal. Hopefully his intimacy with St. Frances can carry the day. I do worry about Georgetown though.

Reactions: VCUBeatsduke

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
You make a good point. Often P5 programs will take their foot off the gas a bit when a prospect comes down with an injury. Sometimes there is an opportunity there. I would go after him even harder. I think the key here may be Jamal. Hopefully his intimacy with St. Frances can carry the day. I do worry about Georgetown though.
GTown started two guards this year who will be stars there. I think they are less of an issue than SH

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
It would be a MAJOR COUP if he signed with us. The injury might keep him out of AAU this summer, which would be good for us (not that you wish injury on anyone least of all Ace). An early signing would be fantastic

2012Ram

Top Member
Insider
Feb 28, 2013
Ace is the type of recruit we need for 2020 as we reload. Hope we can lock this up.
Yep. He'd be a shaka-level get. Hopefully that level, or around it, is where we're headed with the 2019 A10 COY, a conference regular season title, an at-large tourney bid, and whatever else this season has in store for us.