Recruiting 4* 7'3" CENTER Nahem McLeod: Closed

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
Love ya, DL....and your unhealthy obsession with all things over 7 feet tall

Question?? Does your "man cave" have posters of Manute Bol and Gheorge Muresan and Shawn Bradley and Mark Eaton and Briant "Big Country" Reeves, and Chuck Nevitt and Priest Lauderdale???
Chuck Nevitt, that is pulling one from back in the day.

If we're going tall, let's go all the way -- former Guinness World's Tallest Man, 7-8 George Bell ... a Tidewater native, Bell helped Biola College of southern California win NAIA title and later played with Harlem Globetrotters and Harlem Wizards. I actually saw Bell in conversation with then Virginia Tech coach Frankie Allen at one of the long-ago TDIT events at Coliseum. Last I heard, George was working in Norfolk Sheriff's Department ... imagine him arresting you. Would anyone believe it?

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
One name for you people - Bol Bol at Oregon. Of course posters on these boards would be talking about how he could play point guard at VCU. :roll::roll::roll:

Major Ram 2.0

Elite Member
Seems Hamilton always has 3-4 seven footers but they never really develop into a powerhouse as a team nor does his bigs make a huge impact at the next level on a consistent basis. Somewhere there is a chart showing agility versus height. As the player gets taller his agility and basketball ability declines. Once you are over 6'10 its exponential. There are rare exceptions who end up making huge sums of money others don't have the careers one would hope. So having really tall guys is great but not a panacea for all that ails ya. Would love to have a big "big" but I'm okay with 6'9-6'10 guys that can move and play defense and shoot

rammad90

Elite Member
Chuck Nevitt, that is pulling one from back in the day.
How about the big vendor who used to work at the Coliseum? Not sure if he ever played college ball but he was the tallest sports vendor ever. Also, he used to ride a bike to work and that was a sight to see.

Fwiw, I asked him once and he said his was the 4th or 5th tallest person on the East Coast. I cannot remember his name. Nice guy and he needs to be remembered.

Chuck Nevitt was cool.

Last edited:

Beirne

Elite Member
5a8741d52c261.image.jpg

https://www.richmond.com/from-the-a..._f655fa3a-1359-11e8-9af4-cfb95df29a24.html#11
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/konstantin-pepeliaev-1.html

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
How about the big vendor who used to work at the Coliseum? Not sure if he ever played college ball but he was the tallest sports vendor ever. Also, he used to ride a bike to work and that was a sight to see.

Fwiw, I asked him once and he said his was the 4th or 5th tallest person on the East Coast. I cannot remember his name. Nice guy and he needs to be remembered.

Chuck Nevitt was cool.
I so remember him. That might have been a guy named Charlie that was about 7' tall and I know never played. That was way back.