$59.99 To Watch Live Webcasts of Men's Basketball Games

According to our new and improved website, it will now cost $59.99 to watch live webcasts of the Men's Basketball games this season! Let the good times roll! :x

Ram it home said:
Just the home games?
I think so. If the package included home and away games, I wouldn't have any problem with it. However, if we have to pay $60 for our home games and then $5-$10 for each of the away games, that's going to suck! Looks like its going to be a channelsurfing and radio season for me.

It's expensive but it's in line for what other CAA schools do charge. I know for a fact that NU charges about that(I think it's the same exact price to order ALL NU events for the year not just BBALL).

redsoxn2004 said:
It's expensive but it's in line for what other CAA schools do charge. I know for a fact that NU charges about that(I think it's the same exact price to order ALL NU events for the year not just BBALL).

VCU charges more for ALL events...I can't remember the exact fee but I believe it was around $79. We've been spoiled for a lot of years at VCU regarding the free webcasts. Now, we'll have to fork over like everyone else. However, I think its going to be a tough sell! I'm just not interested enough in the regular season CAA games to pay that kind of money.

I bet I know where the Athletic department is getting their money from to pay Shaka's bonuses and bigger contract...

between this and selling press row seats, they are bustin a$$ to make some money.

ndnballer09 said:
I bet I know where the Athletic department is getting their money from to pay Shaka's bonuses and bigger contract...

between this and selling press row seats, they are bustin a$$ to make some money.

Don't forget that tuition was raised by 24%. That means that the athletic department must pay 24% more for each player that is on scholarship. You want quality? You are getting it but it's not free.

If the games are archived and available to watch after they're over I'll buy it. If not then it's not worth it because if I could watch it live I'd be at the Stu.

Is the quality going to be better? I wouldn't pay $10 for the what we've gotten in the past. Like it or not, this is what becoming bigger and better means.

I've had a lot and I mean a lot of issues with the broadcast picture freezing up. Also, the little box on the screen was so small you couldn't even read the jersey numbers. Whenever I expanded the view to full screen, the picture was very fuzzy.

As far as I'm concerned, I won't even consider paying for this if the quality doesn't impove drastically. even if the improvements come, it's still kind of expensive.

If the quality improves drastically...I'll cough up the cash. If it doesn't...i'll pass.

Especially with the OOC home schedule we have.

I think it's been on the horizon for a while; thought they were doing it a few years ago.

I agree - if the quality is not consistently high (especially with today's technology), that's a problem. I would also like to see more of a/better production during the live games. It's like watching a webcam most of the time.

They need to make the first game free so we can determine for ourselves whether the quality is sufficient to pay 60 dollars. I will be purchasing season tickets but because I now work in the 757, I am unsure of whether I will be making all of the games.

Perhaps VCU should look in to giving a free subscription for the web games to those who buy season tickets and donate at a certain level as a carrot for those of us who cannot make all of the games as an incentive to keep renewing our season tickets.

If I find that I cannot make enough games to make buying season tickets worthwhile, I will probably just go the route of the 60 dollar web subscription in future years and they will end up losing my 600 dollar donation as a result.

not to mention the weird audio of guys talking, including the producing communication that we always hear.... for 60 bucks I'd expect some sort of production value.