Recruiting 6'7 Point Forward Jamir Watkin Commits to VCU!!

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

6'7 point Forward who plays for trenton catholic in jersey

Watkins averaged 9.1 points and 5.7 rebounds at Peach Jam.

“Jamir is a very talented, high-ajor athlete and multi-faceted wing,” said Aaron Burt of Team Final. “He can facilitate offense or be the offense. He rebounds in traffic, blocks shots and is beginning to sacrifice his body on defense as well. Once he gets he has to compete at a high level on every possession it will be scary. We challenged him in July to be a better defender and more aggressive and he stepped up in practice, drills and most importantly games. Jamir is wide open is his recruiting. He doesn’t talk much so his process will be very quiet and direct. “

Last edited:
Reactions: RVA94

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

Just on reading articles...this kid is a multifaceted, athletic players on both ends of the floor who plays with physicality.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010

6'7 point Forward who plays for trenton catholic in jersey

Watkins averaged 9.1 points and 5.7 rebounds at Peach Jam.

“Jamir is a very talented, high-ajor athlete and multi-faceted wing,” said Aaron Burt of Team Final. “He can facilitate offense or be the offense. He rebounds in traffic, blocks shots and is beginning to sacrifice his body on defense as well. Once he gets he has to compete at a high level on every possession it will be scary. We challenged him in July to be a better defender and more aggressive and he stepped up in practice, drills and most importantly games. Jamir is wide open is his recruiting. He doesn’t talk much so his process will be very quiet and direct. “
I like our chances against those four teams. VCU should do very well this year. St. Johns is a dumpster fire, Seton Hall will be tough. VA tech is ready to take another slide back to the bottom. WVU is up and down. Plus someone stated straight forward process. I think VCU has a solid chance if its truly straight forward.

Having Ace coming in next year helps. Plus there will be a chance for playing time on a team that will make the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: duncanlamb

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I like our chances as well but I wouldn't count out VT. We just got our third top 100 recruit in a row. This year will be tough but it won't be long at all until we're back up there. Who knew Mike Young could recruit??
When you have a program that has only 4 NCAA tournament appearances in over 30 years, I think its a stretch to say you are going to be "back there". All this program has shown sans Buzz is the VA tech has a good Football program.

Time will tell but it isn't looking good.

Fwiw, what 3 top 100 recruits does VA Tech have signed? When I check I only see 3.

With regards to this young man, if VA Tech is our competition, my money is VCU all the way.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
C

Jalen Cone 2019 rivals 75/99 247
Joe Basimille 2020 62 on 247
Darius Maddox 2020 75 on 247.
Thank. DL couldn't find anyone but Cone. While I think its a good start, I dont think its enough to get them out of the ACC cellar nor compete with us regarding NCAA play. There is a reason Tech doesnt want any more of the Rams.