Recruiting 6'7 Point Forward Jamir Watkin Commits to VCU!!

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Thank. DL couldn't find anyone but Cone. While I think its a good start, I dont think its enough to get them out of the ACC cellar nor compete with us regarding NCAA play. There is a reason Tech doesnt want any more of the Rams.
I have to agree. I am looking forward to seeing wabissa bede handling the point though.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Not a lot of upside for them to schedule us this year, but maybe next year we can get a series started. I'd like to see that.

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
I like our chances as well but I wouldn't count out VT. We just got our third top 100 recruit in a row. This year will be tough but it won't be long at all until we're back up there. Who knew Mike Young could recruit??
^^^^ very conflicted "RamFirst Hokie Second". ? "I like OUR chances, but ... WE just got our third top 100 recruit". OUR is VCU - WE is Tech?

May 3, 2012
Not a lot of upside for them to schedule us this year, but maybe next year we can get a series started. I'd like to see that.
No thanks! You didn't sit next to the vt fan base that I did at that holiday tournament. Melvin hit 8 threes and they got quiet. The only comment I made out loud after hearing their stuff was: "oh good, they're taking Melvin out to give him a rest and putting the starters back in."
I'd be very happy if we never played them again.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
No thanks! You didn't sit next to the vt fan base that I did at that holiday tournament. Melvin hit 8 threes and they got quiet. The only comment I made out loud after hearing their stuff was: "oh good, they're taking Melvin out to give him a rest and putting the starters back in."
I'd be very happy if we never played them again.
I'd like to see it so we can beat them like they stole something again. As often as possible, in fact.