Aug 7, 2012
Man how funny is it we are all going to be Richmond fans the next two games. They have Duq and Davidson left. Of course the most Richmond thing to do is lose one or both and then knocks us out of the 6 or 7 seed. However I guess it wont matter if we don't get it done on our end against Duq tomorrow night. Either way we can def win at home against Duq and I think we match up well with Davidson this year(for once). Just have to worry about what we can control and get those Ws!
I’ll be happier with a couple Spider losses.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Man how funny is it we are all going to be Richmond fans the next two games. They have Duq and Davidson left. Of course the most Richmond thing to do is lose one or both and then knocks us out of the 6 or 7 seed. However I guess it wont matter if we don't get it done on our end against Duq tomorrow night. Either way we can def win at home against Duq and I think we match up well with Davidson this year(for once). Just have to worry about what we can control and get those Ws!
The enemy of my enemy is my friend stuff here.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
NIT isn't happening for us, maybe URI or SLU. I also do not think UR is a good match up. Not sure who is and my only hope is to not play at noon on Thursday and that is just because of the train schedule.
Not sure why you think the NIT is not happening for VCU. I've seen two different brackets this morning that has VCU as a #6 seed.

Reactions: SpiderRAM and VCU85

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
While I feel that sentiment, when you've paid for a four-night trip tp Brooklyn that revolves around basketball, I've found it more enjoyable to get as many games as possible. I'd rather lose to Dayton in a possible finals matchup after three wins than have to play them Friday at noon and have our tournament over. It's not that it's impossible to beat them or to lose to any of the other teams, it's just your chances of advancing are statistically better when you aren't playing the second most efficient A-10 teams in decades Friday morning.

All my favorite nights in Brooklyn have come from when we were on the 2-seed side of the bracket playing those later games. Plus being both the 1 and 8 has sucked previously, each bringing us a Friday loss. Those tournaments sucked.
I agree completely. I've already made my Brooklyn travel plans and hope to see you up there. There was nothing more depressing last year than to lose that opening game, and then go to the beer hall later and see that it'd been taken over by another fan base!

Reactions: SpiderRAM

Goop

Top Member
Nov 27, 2010
I agree completely. I've already made my Brooklyn travel plans and hope to see you up there. There was nothing more depressing last year than to lose that opening game, and then go to the beer hall later and see that it'd been taken over by another fan base!
Speaking of the beer hall, what’s the new VCU spot in Brooklyn this year? Haven’t seen anything posted about planning for Brooklyn, but maybe I’ve missed it.

Reactions: Beirne
Aug 7, 2012
I left the beer hall after 1 beer. There was too much depression there. The game was over and I was ready to move on. UNC proceeded to lose later that night and I went out and enjoyed my free time in NYC for the next 3 days.

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
Speaking of the beer hall, what’s the new VCU spot in Brooklyn this year? Haven’t seen anything posted about planning for Brooklyn, but maybe I’ve missed it.
I asked essentially the same question in a different thread and was told "someplace nearby." Hopefully there will be some more info posted next week.

Reactions: Goop

aSharpDressedRam

Top Member
Dec 2, 2014
With a loss to Duquesne we are now able to be as high as a 7 seed and as low as a 9 seed

7 seed scenario:
  • VCU beats Davidson
If there is a 3 way tie at 9-9 it leads to VCU (2-1) > UMass (1-1) > Davidson (1-2)

MATCHUP: 7 VCU vs 10 GW/ LaSalle

8 seed scenario:
  • VCU loses to Davidson
  • UMass lose out
    • @LaSalle
    • vs URI
MATCHUP: 8 VCU vs 9 UMass/ LaSalle/ GW

9 seed scenario:
  • VCU loses to Davidson
  • UMass wins out
    • @LaSalle
    • vs URI
MATCHUP: 9 VCU vs 8 UMass

Last edited:

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
With a loss to Duquesne we are now able to be as high as a 7 seed and as low as a 9 seed

7 seed scenario:
  • VCU beats Davidson
  • UMass loses at least 1 of
    • @LaSalle
    • vs URI
OR
  • VCU beats Davidson
  • UMass wins out
    • @LaSalle
    • vs URI
As a 3 way tie leads to VCU (2-1) > UMass (1-1) > Davidson (1-2)

MATCHUP: 7 VCU vs 10 GW/ LaSalle

8 seed scenario:
  • VCU loses to Davidson
  • UMass lose out
    • @LaSalle
    • vs URI
MATCHUP: 8 VCU vs 9 UMass/ LaSalle/ GW

9 seed scenario:
  • VCU loses to Davidson
  • UMass wins out
    • @LaSalle
    • vs URI
MATCHUP: 9 VCU vs 8 UMass
For the 7 seed, what UMass does won’t matter as long as we beat Davidson.

Feb 3, 2011
The loss last night was tough but to still have a chance at the 7 after that def could be worse. Richmond is playing better basketball than us but if we could stay away from RI and Dayton for even longer, we should take it. Funny this could all be a mute point because Davidson is playing good ball right now and us, not so much.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Hey I love me some VCU but the writing has been on the wall after that Mason loss. I thought GDub would be a win and I was hopeful for a home win against Duquesne. Playing at the Belk has never been kind to VCU. I hope the team plays well but I do worry about another Friday night massacre.

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Last year we were picked 7th, finished 1st and lost in the first game of the A-10 after a critical injury.

This year we were picked 1st. We need to finish 7th and WIN the A-10 after several injured players return for the A-10 run for KARMA to be in full force.

I'm all about the KARMA coming into full force. We got this.