May 19, 2015
Last year we were picked 7th, finished 1st and lost in the first game of the A-10 after a critical injury.

This year we were picked 1st. We need to finish 7th and WIN the A-10 after several injured players return for the A-10 run for KARMA to be in full force.

I'm all about the KARMA coming into full force. We got this.
Play like we got nothing to lose!

Reactions: Linda Knight

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
After tonight’s results, it’s looking like seed # 7, 8, or 9 for us. A Dayton win at Rhody clinches the #2 seed for UR, I believe.

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
After tonight’s results, it’s looking like seed # 7, 8, or 9 for us. A Dayton win at Rhody clinches the #2 seed for UR, I believe.
I think we actually can’t finish 8th, only 7th or 9th, regardless of what UMass does. If we lose Friday, we will either be tied or one behind UMass, and they have the tie breaker.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I think we actually can’t finish 8th, only 7th or 9th, regardless of what UMass does. If we lose Friday, we will either be tied or one behind UMass, and they have the tie breaker.
What about a 3-way tie at 9-9 with UMass and Davidson? If my memory is correct, they played once and Davidson beat UMass.

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
What about a 3-way tie at 9-9 with UMass and Davidson? If my memory is correct, they played once and Davidson beat UMass.
In a 3 way tie we win as we will have the best record (2-1). UMass will be 1-1, Davidson 1-2.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
In a 3 way tie we win as we will have the best record (2-1). UMass will be 1-1, Davidson 1-2.
I thought so, but I can never remember the A-10 tiebreaker. I thought they had something about records against the top team and on down the list.

Apr 20, 2009
Head to head with tied teams first. If tied still head to head with 1st seed then 2nd and so on until tie is broken.

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Last year we were picked 7th, finished 1st and lost in the first game of the A-10 after a critical injury.

This year we were picked 1st. We need to finish 7th and WIN the A-10 after several injured players return for the A-10 run for KARMA to be in full force.

I'm all about the KARMA coming into full force. We got this.
Don't underestimate the power of Karma...especially in college b-ball.
Go Ram's.

Reactions: mrgeode and connell

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
The only positive to finishing 9th (vomit emoji) would be getting a rematch with UMass and right now, that's what the computers (and myself) are predicting.

Historical notes: The last time a kenpom top-100 team finished 9th in the A-10 standings 8-10 Davidson (which is our likely record) finished with that record and won their first time A-10 tourney games, knocking off No.1 seed Dayton before falling to Rhode Island in the semis. The time before that kenpom No.99 Richmond finished 9th, also behind sub-100 teams, won their first game by 15 before falling to No.1 seed Dayton by 15. Before that one the 2014 St. Bonaventure Bonnies finished No.84 on kenpom and 9th in the A-10 standings. They won their first two A-10 tourney games, upsetting kenpom No.35 Saint Louis in the 9 v 1 game in Brooklyn. The 2013 Richmond Spiders finished in the top-100 but 9th in the A-10 as well in a year the conference was just loaded. They lost to No.8 Charlotte in the crazy Chris Mooney technical game. In 2008 was a crazy year that saw two top-80 teams finish behind two sub-100 teams. Both teams (Rhody and Duquesne) lost their first games in that season's tournament.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I am pretty sure UMass ends the season against Rhody. Not that it matters if they lose and VCU loses at Belk.

ShoeSh1ne

Insider
Mar 7, 2009
Yeah after seeing Dayton destroy URI last night I think we really want the 7 seed. Night game for those going is good and against a team we should beat easily. I'll take the chances with a now struggling URI instead of going against Dayton. I don't care if we'll have a warm-up game, they are on another level this season.

Edit: We wouldn't play URI, we'd play UR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramz22
Feb 3, 2011
Yeah after seeing Dayton destroy URI last night I think we really want the 7 seed. Night game for those going is good and against a team we should beat easily. I'll take the chances with a now struggling URI instead of going against Dayton. I don't care if we'll have a warm-up game, they are on another level this season.
Lol dont forget about Richmond. We would play them in second game probably and have to win that before getting RI at the 3 spot.

Reactions: ShoeSh1ne

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I know Corey is done for the year and It seems probable we'll see Marcus Evans again....what about Vince? And does anyone think Deri' will be back for a final Brooklyn hurrah?? Or is he well and truly done?

ShoeSh1ne

Insider
Mar 7, 2009
I know Corey is done for the year and It seems probable we'll see Marcus Evans again....what about Vince? And does anyone think Deri' will be back for a final Brooklyn hurrah?? Or is he well and truly done?
I saw on one of Vince's Instagram stories someone asked him when he'd be back and he said he was good to go for Saturday, as in the GW game. Must have re-injured himself or I was reading that totally wrong.

DJ has to be done. I don't think the school puts out a statement saying he's stepping away from basketball to only miss 2-3 games.