A thread wishing for two bigs in at once (...occasionally)

Dec 2, 2012
Ju is the most under rated Ram. He just showed no personality when he played so he didn't get the love but he was super effective.

Reactions: mrgeode

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Ju is the most under rated Ram. He just showed no personality when he played so he didn't get the love but he was super effective.
I don't know man.... I can think of a lot of underrated / under appreciated Rams.... Not quite sure I'd put Ju at the top of the underrated/ under appreciated list. He certainly wasn't over appreciated…. but I wouldn't say he was the most under appreciated either

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
His senior year might have something to do with that but overall he had a fine career at VCU.
Yep, it’s old story of unmet expectations. As a junior, Juvonte’s had the best season from an offensive efficiency standpoint for a high use player in 2000s—and was nationally ranked across multple defensive measures.

Senior year, still above avg on offense and better on defense, but junior year was so good it paled by comparison. To me, no one played the front of press better (Bri excluded) and often still get back to help protect the lane/clear the boards.

Theories abound on personal matters impacting his senior season, but I suspect his back was the real culprit. Bodies that size are not usually designed to play the pace and cover the ground that was asked of him. The downside of the cumulative effect of Havoc.

Reactions: mrgeode

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Yep, it’s old story of unmet expectations. As a junior, Juvonte’s had the best season from an offensive efficiency standpoint for a high use player in 2000s—and was nationally ranked across multple defensive measures.

Senior year, still above avg on offense and better on defense, but junior year was so good it paled by comparison. To me, no one played the front of press better (Bri excluded) and often still get back to help protect the lane/clear the boards.

Theories abound on personal matters impacting his senior season, but I suspect his back was the real culprit. Bodies that size are not usually designed to play the pace and cover the ground that was asked of him. The downside of the cumulative effect of Havoc.
His efficiency rating was still pretty darn good his senior year. That team was good and I do not like to think about that season. Ugh

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Reactions: HTTRams!