A10 coaches on the hot seat

Other than McCall and Mooney, which A10 coach is most likely to lose his job?

• 1. Jamion Christian (GWU)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Keith Dambrot (Duquesne)

Votes: 28 37.3%
  • 3. David Cox (Rhody)

Votes: 45 60.0%
  • 4. Other

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Updated:

Gone:

David Cox (URI) - fired 3/11/22
Matt McCall (UMass) - fired 3/1/22
Jamion Christian (GW) - fired 3/14/22

Likely safe:

Ashley Howard (La Salle)
Chris Mooney (Richmond) - in NCAA tournament

Safe:

Keith Dambrot (Duquesne) - confirmed to be returning 2/27/22
Billy Lange (St. Joe’s) - confirmed to be returning 3/10/22

Ram20ROB

Elite Member
Do you think that he is on Florida's short list? I kind of do but I have no factual intel on it. Ha!
I know it's been a few years and different people are involved in the decision making now, but when Grant was our coach he was at the airport on the way to accept the Florida job when Billy changed his mind (after his press conference announcing he had accepted the Orlando Magic job). There are strong feelings by Florida and Grant for each other.

SteveMM

Elite Member
GW had one of the absolutely worst defenses I have even seen. They made UMass's defense look elite.
True, but I didn't think they'd pull the trigger on him this season. I thought he'd have one more year.

As far as Grant goes yes as I said Dayton fans are too tough on him but I think things like the first four are part of that. I mean it does have to really hurt having NCAAs in your building when you aren’t in it. Like yes that’s a cool honor but it’s really salt in the wounds. I think we would be similar if first four was hosted here. Imagine missing the ncaa because you were bumped by an A10 school and then play NIT away because of the first four in your building? Yesh.

VAHills

Elite Member
I would love to have Joe Bamisile here if he wanted to transfer here. That being said, he will probably get P5 offers if he hits the portal.
Plus he'd have to sit I think since he already did his one free transfer from VT.