A10 MBB Media Day

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
A good primer before media day (or maybe I just wasn't quite sure where to put this). LOL on 'the knock' for St. Bonaventure.

https://watchstadium.com/news/atlantic-10-basketball-coaches-rank-the-best-jobs-in-the-conference-10-17-2018/
I just love the knock on gmu:

"The knock: “The budget isn’t up to par with the rest of the league. They should have stayed in the CAA.” – A-10 head coach"

That's hilarious!

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014

"The knock: “The budget isn’t up to par with the rest of the league. They should have stayed in the CAA.” – A-10 head coach"

That's hilarious!
What about Spiders Basketball being the featured sport?? I thought Men’s Lacrosse was the top dog at UR.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
A good primer before media day (or maybe I just wasn't quite sure where to put this). LOL on 'the knock' for St. Bonaventure.

https://watchstadium.com/news/atlantic-10-basketball-coaches-rank-the-best-jobs-in-the-conference-10-17-2018/
I hate that they think we are very easy school to gain entry. We as non-athletes have been fighting that stigma for decades. However, I like the knocks which really aren't that bad.

When I look at overall I look more at the negative comments. Ours wasn't that bad at all. "The expectations. They are insane. Also have to recruit with two ACC schools in the state and the Triangle ACC schools two hours away. There are a lot of players, but you are fighting big-time programs for a lot of the players.” – A-10 head coach"

VCU is and should be the best job. Best location (social environment, weather, proximity to recruits and families, easy to get to), great fans, and Adm.

Last edited:
Reactions: ViCtorioUs

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
What about Spiders Basketball being the featured sport?? I thought Men’s Lacrosse was the top dog at UR.
I always figured it was football considering they've historically had a very strong program that's usually in the top 3 FCS football programs in the state along with JMU and W&M.

I personally love the "where they win" and "the knock" combination for the Bonnies:

Where they win: “The fans, student and community support. It’s the only game in town, and they love it in Olean.” – A-10 assistant

The knock: “Olean. It sucks.” – A-10 assistant

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Probably based on revenue. Basketball has to be the top revenue sport since the football stadium is so small and there is probably only 6 home football games per year.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

That's hilarious!
Said a10 coach would be incorrect. Mason is making now investing alot into theor program. Just finished a new facililty.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Said a10 coach would be incorrect. Mason is making now investing alot into theor program. Just finished a new facililty.
They didn't just finish a "new" facility. They renovated an older gym into a dedicated practice facility. That's a huge difference compared to VCU building the BDC.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Especially when it was their own coach.
Really would be interesting to hear which head coach actually said that. I can't believe it was Coach Rhoades. He never says anything negative. I'm thinking Phil Martelli. Who else has enough tenure in the A-10 to make that statement, other than Chris Looney?