A10 Tournament could be moved to VCU!!!

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I'm going to share my thoughts and it won't be popular but just my honest assessment....

Covid restrictions aside; Should we want to have guests to our city with the condition it's in right now? The boarded up buildings, empty storefronts, graffiti everywhere, damaged building, the business district pretty much deserted doesn't show well. It saddens me that the City of Richmond is not in a good place right now compared to most other peer cities.

Richmond would be a great place for any BB tourney but I don't think the timing is good.

If the teams will be living in a bubble and there will only be 250 people allowed at each game, who is going to see the wonderful revitalization job Mayor Stoney has done with the city?

Feb 14, 2011
If the teams will be living in a bubble and there will only be 250 people allowed at each game, who is going to see the wonderful revitalization job Mayor Stoney has done with the city?
If only 250 people are permitted to attend then who cares where the games are played (other than home court) My vote would be somewhere in West Virginia where some arbitrary number isn't being used to determine capacity.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
If only 250 people are permitted to attend then who cares where the games are played (other than home court) My vote would be somewhere in West Virginia where some arbitrary number isn't being used to determine capacity.

I have no problem with it being played at the Stu. Every game televised is still going to be a free advertisement for VCU. Even if they cover up the VCU logos on the court, they can't cover up all of the seats, banners, etc. Viewers are going to know its VCU. Who wouldn't want that?

May 19, 2015
I'm going to share my thoughts and it won't be popular but just my honest assessment....

Covid restrictions aside; Should we want to have guests to our city with the condition it's in right now? The boarded up buildings, empty storefronts, graffiti everywhere, damaged building, the business district pretty much deserted doesn't show well. It saddens me that the City of Richmond is not in a good place right now compared to most other peer cities.

Richmond would be a great place for any BB tourney but I don't think the timing is good.
Doesn’t it look the same everywhere? Based on some of what I have seen, the despair seems to have hit every big city.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
That area is soon to be part of the VCU Athletic village.
I have been corrected.....The Arena site will not be part of the VCU Athletic Village. The former Arena site is on the City's 60 acres on the west side of Hermitage Road. VCU's project will be on the east side of Hermitage Road. While the ballpark site has not been finalized, VCU does not expect it to go on the east side.

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I have been corrected.....The Arena site will not be part of the VCU Athletic Village. The former Arena site is on the City's 60 acres on the west side of Hermitage Road. VCU's project will be on the east side of Hermitage Road. While the ballpark site has not been finalized, VCU does not expect it to go on the east side.

Is this the same?