Ace Baldwin commits to vcu!

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
My lady is here saying, well, it's a good opportunity to use it as a learning experience, you can't win them all and the ones you lose serve as a hint you still have room to get better. So, get better.
Yeah City of Palms has some of the best teams in the country. Now St Francis is playing in the lesser bracket known as the sunshine bracket but they had the one team that should have been in the harder bracket as there first game.. Sunday the will play a talented West Oaks Academy(Deri played there one year) but they are more evenly matched from a talent level.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
For all you looking for something to do with you remaining month of your FloSports subscription, Ace and St Francis plays at 3pm today

Reactions: Mistachill

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Went to see Ace play tonight. Be excited, athletic, great handles, strong with the ball, stroked the three and great instincts. No problems shooting free throws tonight (except after a hard foul at the end of the game when he really looked groggy) and fouling him was the only way Loyola stopped him. Also, St. Francis plays defense where they are constantly switching and he was playing against 6'6" to 6'8" kids all night, no problem. Only draw back is I think the 6'1" they announced him as at the game is maybe 3 inches off. That said, he dominated players much bigger than him all night.

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
I said it in the URI thread, but I’d be thrilled if he came in and had game similar to Fatts Russell

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
I said it in the URI thread, but I’d be thrilled if he came in and had game similar to Fatts Russell
I can't say I have followed Fatts' game enough to compare, but Baldwin looked really good last night. One of the most impressive things about him is his jump shot is a "real" jump shot. He jumps and then he shoots at the top of his jump. Loyola regularly had 3 guys on the court at 6'7" or 6'8" that was legit height too not just listing, I walked in the gym next to these guys. Ace just elevated above everyone and easily got his shot off against much taller players. He penetrated almost at will and when they doubled and tripled him, he found his teammates. On defense he works really hard and his on ball defense is excellent for a high school player, but his off the ball defense was even better. Throwing a pass anywhere in his general vicinity put you in serious risk of a turnover. He will fit in really well at VCU I think.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I can't say I have followed Fatts' game enough to compare, but Baldwin looked really good last night. One of the most impressive things about him is his jump shot is a "real" jump shot. He jumps and then he shoots at the top of his jump. Loyola regularly had 3 guys on the court at 6'7" or 6'8" that was legit height too not just listing, I walked in the gym next to these guys. Ace just elevated above everyone and easily got his shot off against much taller players. He penetrated almost at will and when they doubled and tripled him, he found his teammates. On defense he works really hard and his on ball defense is excellent for a high school player, but his off the ball defense was even better. Throwing a pass anywhere in his general vicinity put you in serious risk of a turnover. He will fit in really well at VCU I think.
Thanks so much for these words. Though I know sometimes writing anything with first han experience and considerable facts behind it we're left wonderin did anyone ever notice at all, but understand they haven't fallen on deaf ears, we're appreciative.