Ace Baldwin commits to vcu!

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Well, it is college ball and we have 5 seniors so this is a good bet. There is no such thing as "too packed." Competition will determine who your best players are and the rest will either seek greener pastures or become accustomed to playing a backup role.

I agree. We will not even remotely be "too packed." We have been thin at the PG position for sometime. It will be a good thing to have quality depth finally. Without at least two quality lead guards you are always an injury away from disaster. Ball security is always at the top of my list. Competition will make everyone better and sorts things out.

Reactions: wavevcu

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALWAYS BE CLOSING!

But I think we are in solid with Ace and his fam. He's signed, and will be in RVA next fall.

Beating Oak Hill has done worlds for the kid's presence in SM though. A LOT of eyeballs on his yesterday

Ace and Marcus Dockery were two of, if not the best two, Lead guards to hail from the DC/Baltimore area for 2020. Maryland chose to pursue Dockery and took an early commitment from him in 2018. Ace is the better PG in my opinion and I think a lot of basketball people share that opinion. Mike thinks he got the best baller in Maryland. Our staff went after Ace early and hard and have a great relationship with him and his family.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Ace and Marcus Dockery were two of, if not the best two, Lead guards to hail from the DC/Baltimore area for 2020. Maryland chose to pursue Dockery and took an early commitment from him in 2018. Ace is the better PG in my opinion and I think a lot of basketball people share that opinion. Mike thinks he got the best baller in Maryland. Our staff went after Ace early and hard and have a great relationship with him and his family.
IMO, best 2020 player in MD and best 2020 player in NC. Not bad work in our neighboring states.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
How can this be possible? Two years ago, I heard from “experts” on RamNation that Mike and his staff couldn’t recruit talented players. :roll:
They definitely found some underrated gems this year and closed early. I’m excited about all four of the guys we signed and will give them credit.

That said, I do think they still have to prove that they can sign some top 100 guys if we want to take this program to the next level. Bones kind of fell into our lap. They also need to show that they can sign high level big man recruits.

Reactions: VCUsummerof69

Hops

Top Member
Insider
Jul 14, 2013
Ace is the real deal! The scoring is nice, but his court vision and passing are amazing. Oak Hill is/was the #2 HS in the country. Just watch his assists. Wow!

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Bone will become as important off the court as he is on the court. With his personality and love of VCU, he will be a great help in pulling in high level recruits.

How did "Bones" fall into our laps? He had high major offers before and after his injury/tragedy.

Reactions: JDPolio