Ace Baldwin commits to vcu!

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I really hope I am wrong but Ace may be a little overrated. Bones, Tre Clark should start over him and although not on scholarship Henderson is another good point guard
You could be correct. However, based on everything I have heard about him from very credible sources, I have to disagree with your assessment. From what I saw from Clark he will be a steadying influence at some point. However, even if he takes the helm at point, he gives way to Ace but conference play.

Ace is that good, solid athlete, hi basketball IQ, goes hards, good solid work ethic, great court vision, and he is a pass first guy who by the way can score. He will be a perfect fit for Bones.

Clark IMO is about a year away but again will be good. Ace will be at least in the 4-5 assists, 7-9 points, 1.1,5 steals category next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISwamRam

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
We've had a ton of opportunities to see him play live. A lot of us have shown the interest in taking the the time and effort to do our homework, educated ourselves on him and his talent, and inherent skill.. and those who have, aren't for one second wasting time sleeping on Ace. In Ramnation, you're gonna find a TON of support of and belief in this young warrior. We know the reasons why. His brothers on this team do, too.🤟

2020-04-18_204949.jpg

Last edited:

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Iike all freshmen, he'll have his moment's. But I got a feeling about this kid...which coupled with $1 will get you a cup of coffee

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2
Mar 2, 2014
Not sure who we have on the roster that would deserve to start over Watkins, Brown and Ace.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Not sure who we have on the roster that would deserve to start over Watkins, Brown and Ace.
I am super excited about everyone in the new class, and my WAG is all of these guys ^^ are starters at some point this coming year. I am NOT expecting them to be day 1 starters though. MR has shown that he is loyal to and reliant on experience. Maybe he throws caution to the wind and looks at 20-21 as a learning year with the hope that by tournament time the kids are ready to compete at a high level. Or maybe he brings some/all along more slowly.

In either event, I think our future core is very, very strong. We may not excel start to finish next year, but we will be a truly painful group to face in March.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Lol based on what? He was touted as a “Shaka level get” by one of the board’s biggest recruiting critics
You won't get a real answer from him. But at least he's mature enough to not insult you while he dodges.

RamChris

Insider
Apr 19, 2009
If anybody should be able to find talent at the 1 position it should be Mike Rhoades. Let's be great there, and deep, too. I'm pulling for all the guys that come in. Tre Clark has talents nobody else has on this team. He's mind blowing in spurts. Very quick moves, instinct for the ball. And a stroke.

But Ace has an alpha dog aura to his game. His challenge will be to remain durable I think. But he definitely has the look of a 4 year "starter" coming in (if there's such a term as starter in Mike's system.) To me a starter for us is someone you expect to see in the lineup for the last 4-6 minutes of the game. Call him a "finisher" if you will. That's in a close game, of course.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
I really hope I am wrong but Ace may be a little overrated. Bones, Tre Clark should start over him and although not on scholarship Henderson is another good point guard
I know I'm a little hyped about Ace because I've seen him play in person and live on streaming several times also, but you will not be disappointed in Ace Baldwin. Kid is athletic, massively skilled, and has that intangible something where when the game is on the line he does what is necessary for his team to win, whatever that is and it is often on the defensive end of the court. I have seen a lot of high school basketball and really good players (some top 10 nationally). Ace is two inches short of being the best player I've seen in person. BTW, he competes! Every second he's on the court he competes, no plays off. You don't see that in high school very often.