Ace Baldwin commits to vcu!

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I know I'm a little hyped about Ace because I've seen him play in person and live on streaming several times also, but you will not be disappointed in Ace Baldwin. Kid is athletic, massively skilled, and has that intangible something where when the game is on the line he does what is necessary for his team to win, whatever that is and it is often on the defensive end of the court. I have seen a lot of high school basketball and really good players (some top 10 nationally). Ace is two inches short of being the best player I've seen in person. BTW, he competes! Every second he's on the court he competes, no plays off. You don't see that in high school very often.
Wow! You are saying that he is the 2nd best player you have seen play? That is wild.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Wow! You are saying that he is the 2nd best player you have seen play? That is wild.
No, he's 2 inches short of being the best one I've seen play in high school. I'd still rate Kendrick as the best high school player I've seen. Ace is listed at 6'0", that is generous. His size is the only drawback. If he's 6'2", he is a much, much higher rated player. Much of what I love in Ace is intangible. Guy is a leader, has basketball savvy that is way beyond his years, and never quits, never takes a play off. Sitting in the stands at St. Frances games (a pleasure BTW, really nice folks), when the game got tight, "Ace time." everyone started saying. Sure enough two minutes later he had made 3 or 4 big plays and changed the whole complexion of the game. Once watched a game in Louisville with 4 future L-ville players on the court, three would be ranked top 20 in the country their senior years, Street and Smith (no 247 back then), and the other was a freshman 6'10 kid named Felton Spencer. I know this is a different era, but Ace is as good as any of them.
And may I add, his impact on a game is greater than any of them. Part of that comes from being a point guard though.
Four guys were Herbert Crook and Felton Spencer for Eastern HS, and Tony Kimbrough and a 6'4" guard/wing whose name I am not recalling now, I think they were playing for Shawnee HS. This was before the days of Oak Hill, IMG, and other basketball factory kind of private schools that pretty much recruit nation, ever worlld, wide. Seeing that much talent on one high school basketball court at one time back then was pretty cool.

Last edited: