Ace Baldwin commits to vcu!

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
I'm just curious how much he knows about all the historic point guards that have laced up for VCU. Fantastic play as a freshman. Almost Joey like.
I'm sure he's probably done his research or talked to Coach Rhoades (himself a pretty decent point guard at one time) about it. His basketball IQ is super high for his experience level.

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
May 19, 2015

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Freshman ACE Baldwin making All Conference Rookie Team is one helluva accomplishment. Congratulation Ace! I can’t imagine how more dangerous this RAM Warrior will be next year. 😳
Freshman of the Year and All Freshman teams are really tough. In Ace's case its a deserving award. However, many times the better freshmen are glued to the bench of the better teams.

For example, this year's ROY will most likely never make 1st or 2nd team A10 going forward. While, Ace has a very good shot as does Jamir.

Fwiw, I think the committee got a good job adding ACE to this team (he was extremely deserving) and stats aside I think he should have been ROY. Without Ace we dont finish in the top two in the conference, top two in the conference tournament, and we certainly arent Dance worthy.

I cant say the same for GMU and their ROY winner. Without Kolek, GMU is what they are, a middle of the pack squad that lost 5 games by double digits, 3 by 20 or more and two others by 9.

Again, hats off to Ace this is a great honor, especially given he is a freshmen at VCU.

Last edited:
May 19, 2015
Freshman of year and all Freshman teams are really tough. In Ace's case its a deserving award. However, many times the better freshmen are glued to the bench of the better teams.

For example, the ROY will most likely never make 1st or 2nd team.A10 going forward. While, Ace has a good shot as does Jamir.

Fwiw, I think the committed got a good job adding him to this team and stats aside I think he should have been ROY. Without him we dont finish in the top two in the conference and we certainly arent Dance worthy.

I cant say the same for GMU and their ROY winner. Without Kopek, GMU is what they are a middle of the pack squad that lost 5 games by double digits, 3 by 20 or more and two others by 9.

Again, hats off to Ace.
Amen! I totally agree!

Reactions: rammad90