Ace Baldwin is a major upgrade

BradRamFan

Elite Member
While Ace might not like it, I hope Ace's minutes get reduced down to about 20-25 min/game. He was averaging 33 mpg this past year and many times even more minutes. I want the reduction not because he isn't a good/great player but because I think he was getting tired both per game and at the end of the season leading to TO and a number of silly plays/mistakes. With fewer minutes, I think he will stay fresher and play even better. Let's hope Zeb or Nunn can combine to help Ace out at the pg spot this year.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
While Ace might not like it, I hope Ace's minutes get reduced down to about 20-25 min/game. He was averaging 33 mpg this past year and many times even more minutes. I want the reduction not because he isn't a good/great player but because I think he was getting tired both per game and at the end of the season leading to TO and a number of silly plays/mistakes. With fewer minutes, I think he will stay fresher and play even better. Let's hope Zeb or Nunn can combine to help Ace out at the pg spot this year.
Agreed except I think 28-30 is more realistic for someone who is almost certain to be a 4 year starter for us at point guard. I want him on the court.

PhantomRam

Elite Member
Agreed except I think 28-30 is more realistic for someone who is almost certain to be a 4 year starter for us at point guard. I want him on the court.
Wow, top conditioned 20yo college athletes playing 30mins/gm?

Whats next, top MLB pitchers only going 5 inning or <100 pitches on 5 days rest --- Aaron Judge needing a day off after playing the super tiring position, right field? Ohh wait......

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Wow, top conditioned 20yo college athletes playing 30mins/gm?

Whats next, top MLB pitchers only going 5 inning or <100 pitches on 5 days rest --- Aaron Judge needing a day off after playing the super tiring position, right field? Ohh wait......
What ever you play, trainers are learning more and more the body needs time to recover. But I'm with you, I can't understanding a position baseball player ever needing a day off.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
He played 33.5 last year. I think we can expect 28-30 this year with Jaden and Zeb getting some minutes at the point too.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
What ever you play, trainers are learning more and more the body needs time to recover. But I'm with you, I can't understanding a position baseball player ever needing a day off.

Babe Ruth used to recover with whiskey and steak.

ShootTheJay

Elite Member
play 162 games in a row and then we will talk

Double headers. The catcher, squatting 3-4 hours a day? Sometimes crazy travel schedules. The game the night before went 15 innings and ended at 1AM? So many reasons.