Ace Baldwin is a major upgrade

PhantomRam

Elite Member
Double headers. The catcher, squatting 3-4 hours a day? Sometimes crazy travel schedules. The game the night before went 15 innings and ended at 1AM? So many reasons.
Yeah, I get it. But my comment was aimed at a player playing right field who, for the most part, shags a few fly balls a game. These are top conditioned young men. But then again, I come from a generation who had Ernie Banks saying "let's play two today" and Jim Palmer pitching complete games on 3-4 days rest.

rammad90

Elite Member
Wow, top conditioned 20yo college athletes playing 30mins/gm?

Whats next, top MLB pitchers only going 5 inning or <100 pitches on 5 days rest --- Aaron Judge needing a day off after playing the super tiring position, right field? Ohh wait......
Phantom I understand your point. I remember practicing football in 90 plus degree heat and VA humidity without water. I also remember people dropping dead because of it.

I think as kids we were taught to be tough. However, being tough, having grit( yeah I used the new buzz word everyone wants to use these days) meant injuries and shortened careers and even death.

Within our system guys like Ace probably shouldnt be playing more than 28 minutes as he is going full tilt all the time and he is expected to do so mistake free. However, we have to remember, Ace has to deal with mental issues and extra stress due to his status of being a student.

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ace test the draft waters after this coming season. He’s getting a lot of attention and his stock will be pretty high if he has another jump in performance.
That's note a bold prediction. If Ace today is probably in the top 20-25 pls in the college ball. If he has has a jump he would be considered amongst the top handful of point guards in college. As such, he'd most certainly test the waters.

rammad90

Elite Member
Interesting that the pg from SLU who was a 1st teamer isnt listed. He was awarded All A 10 defensive team and neither Ace or Vince were voted in. (I thought both our guys should have made it).

While I agree that leading the NCAA in assists is impressive, I think Ace is a bit more rounded and a bit better than Collins.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Goodness! Watching that makes me think he can be a double double machine this year. If the guys have their eyes open and finish on his passes, he may not average 10 assists a game but he can reach that in a lot of games. I think he will be scoring 10+most games. I can't wait to see him play with this group we have this year!