Ace Baldwin is a major upgrade

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
SHABAN ATHUMAN/TIMES-DISPATCH took some.

Jake Sullivan at capturesby.jake on IG.

316941283_8345936582146697_8190247044476038085_n.jpg

Last edited:

BradRamFan

Elite Member
I hate to say it but I think Ace's knee injury was probably the best thing to happen to him. He was just an ok shooter as a freshman but due to his injury and inability to play for half a year, he said he focused on shooting. I think it has helped him immensely. And it is not just shooting....the kid has an uncanny ability to drive to the hoop and score, shoot the three, pull up jumper as well as distribute. He will be very, very hard to replace when the time comes.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
As much as I wish we could play better than we we have w/o Ace in the lineup, we may just have to come to the realization that we are watching an absolute VCU great night in and night out. He makes THAT much of a difference.

Dude had a scoring career high with pins in his right hand lmao.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I hate to say it but I think Ace's knee injury was probably the best thing to happen to him. He was just an ok shooter as a freshman but due to his injury and inability to play for half a year, he said he focused on shooting. I think it has helped him immensely. And it is not just shooting....the kid has an uncanny ability to drive to the hoop and score, shoot the three, pull up jumper as well as distribute. He will be very, very hard to replace when the time comes.
Pretty sure it was his Achilles not knee. He did work on his shooting while rehabbing.

northernvatiger

Elite Member
Forgive me for thinking this far ahead... Ace is a junior this year, and I suppose it's likely he will declare for the NBA draft after this season. Who is the heir apparent?

SteveMM

Elite Member
Forgive me for thinking this far ahead... Ace is a junior this year, and I suppose it's likely he will declare for the NBA draft after this season. Who is the heir apparent?
I have been wrong before but I really don't see that happening unless he's named A10 POY. With that said, I'm very concerned about the lack of a true backup point guard on the team. Nunn and Jackson are really shooting guards who CAN play the point. If the team doesn't go out and find a real point guard next year, I'm going to lose my mind.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Ace should be here four years and he can even have a 5th. Not sure that will happen though. In my eyes VCU does not have his heir apparent yet as a true point guard. They really had eyes on two recruits to be that next guy but they chose P5 schools. Rhoades and the staff are going to have to figure that one out.