Players Alphonzo Billups is a VCU Ram!

Violet Ram

Elite Member
I never said “random” ACC game. The top half of the A-10 doesn’t come close to the top 3/4 of the ACC when it comes to quality of opponents.
For curiosity, I looked at a couple ACC teams. For Louisville, it looks like you can buy season tickets in the upper deck for about $850 a year without a donation, so about $45 a game for a nosebleed seat. For Duke, the cheapest season ticket is $3500, which doesn't include a mandatory donation minimum (which I couldn't find in the 2 mins I was searching). That's a min of $200 a game.

Not to pile on, but I think you're using a team with a lower price point as a comparison. I would say a good seat for VCU-Bonnies this year should be more expensive than a lot of the NC state games.

Havoc City

Elite Member
You're talking about end zone space. You need to be looking at the sideline space between Broad Street and Marshall Street. VCU athletics has researched it and there is limited expansion options at the Stu. You might be able to get seating capacity up to approximat3ely 9,500, but that's it.

Regarding tearing down the Stu and building a new arena in that footprint, the cost would be enormous. Plus, who is going to pay for it? VCU's best option would be to expand the Stu to approximately 9,500. Plus, the demand has to be there for those extra seats. Based on current season ticket trends created by the athletic department bleeding the season ticket holders for additional "fees", that demand is NOT there. It's August 26th and the athletic department is still actively marketing season tickets.

Based on an 18 game schedule, a $1,000 RAF contribution (which is probably low), $250 annual seat fee per seat and the cost of season tickets this year, the average cost per ticket for 4 season tickets this year is approximately $55 per ticket per game. A single season ticket, based on a minimum $500 RAF donation, $250 annual seat fee and the cost of a season ticket for 18 games is approximately $69. per game. Single game tickets are going to be far cheaper than that and I'm sure some previous season ticket holders have figured that out and are not renewing their season tickets.
Bingo

VCU Heel

Elite Member
The point that’s been left out here is that we’re in a pandemic. People are changing their ticket buying this year and may do that forever going forward. Single game tickets will naturally be easier to come by, though the fact that everything will be e-tickets might make scalping and ticket exchanges more difficult.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Haven't even played a game yet and you are already predicting less season ticket holders. if so, more for the walk up fans. Perhaps you have some inside knowledge.....I have no idea. But the last game VCU had at home was a sellout.

VCU is still aggressively marketing season tickets, and it is less than a week from September. You don't need inside knowledge to see that they are struggling selling season tickets this year.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Once again… there’s a freaking pandemic. Many people are not going to go back to games this year. My family will likely not use the 4 season tickets I‘ve already purchased... if fans even get to go to games at all.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
Once again… there’s a freaking pandemic. Many people are not going to go back to games this year. My family will likely not use the 4 season tickets I‘ve already purchased... if fans even get to go to games at all.

Once again?? Is there another pandemic in addition to covid?

Newboy

Elite Member
4 Options for the most part:
  1. Donate and buy season tickets
  2. Buy single game tickets
  3. Sit at home and watch on TV
  4. None of the above.Don't do sh!t and come to the message board and complain about it.
darn it"s hot outside!

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
  4. None of the above.Don't do sh!t and come to the message board and complain about it.
darn it"s hot outside!

option four there is miiiiiiiiighty tempting to a lot of folks around here

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
BiodegradableFaintAndalusianhorse-size_restricted.gif

BradRamFan

Elite Member
darn it"s hot outside!
I think Robby will be calling you in a few minutes to chew you out for not mentioning the radio/audio stream....the home of the rams. And then Rodney Ashbey will be coming by your home to sit on you.

Best of luck!