Players Alphonzo Billups is a VCU Ram!

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Pic from IG
FA3Px-MWQAY1oxk

FA3Q6mOWQA0pi5g
FA3Q8r8WQAEC6OD

Hunter Hoggatt was Rams' first recruit from Varina, in late 90's, and if I'm not mistaken, the only White local high school recruit since Reed Garrett out of Hermitage in '69 and Rhea Saltz out of Benedictine in about '74. Garrett had led the area in scoring as a Hermitage senior. Rhea was a wonderful athlete and a state 400-meter champ but saw little action and dropped out after one season. Hoggatt left VCU and enjoyed a fairly solid career at Longwood, along with U.Va. transfer Colin Ducharme.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
after much digging around on the international web of nets known as the internet I was able to uncover Varina High's basketball schedule for the upcoming season --

^^^that is a link, not sure why it is showing like that
Aw, I was hoping they'd play James River or LC Bird so I wouldn't have to go as far to catch a game. Might still have to try to make it to one, though.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Aw, I was hoping they'd play James River or LC Bird so I wouldn't have to go as far to catch a game. Might still have to try to make it to one, though.
Can they schedule an away game at Trotwood-Madison in Trotwood, OH?

BigTimeRamFan

Elite Member
Hunter Hoggatt was Rams' first recruit from Varina, in late 90's, and if I'm not mistaken, the only White local high school recruit since Reed Garrett out of Hermitage in '69 and Rhea Saltz out of Benedictine in about '74. Garrett had led the area in scoring as a Hermitage senior. Rhea was a wonderful athlete and a state 400-meter champ but saw little action and dropped out after one season. Hoggatt left VCU and enjoyed a fairly solid career at Longwood, along with U.Va. transfer Colin Ducharme.
Actually, Hunter wasn't the first guy from Varina. Jimmy Trusty, played for VCU in 1976. Only played 1 year. Some things happened to cut his career short. Also Caucasian.;)