Andrew White III

6'6" sophomore guard White is transferring from Kansas and maybe looking for a place closer to home.
Former top 50 recruit out of the Miller School.

B

BracketForecast

6'6" sophomore guard White is transferring from Kansas and maybe looking for a place closer to home.
Former top 50 recruit out of the Miller School.

From what I understand he's more likely to end up with a true mid major, not a powerhouse.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Anyone who came aboard now (this summer/fall) would have to come as a walk-on as we don't have any scholarships to give. And I don't see anyone else transferring at this point.

White starred at Thomas Dale High before transferring to Miller School and being reclassified.

His younger brother is the current Dale star.

His father played with Mark West at Petersburg High.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
If a player transfers and sits out a year he still takes a spot....right?

I don't think Brad said it was plausible, just that it's the only way that it could happen.

It's possible that the NCAA could grant him immediate eligibility if he moves close to home.

I don't see him coming to VCU. I think UVA has a roster spot available.

Doubt UVA goes after him. They just signed a wing who was Buzz Williams holdover after getting released from Marquette. UVA is hoping the ukranian guy or former Maryland starting point guard transfer Seth Allen takes the offer.

White's #2 was UR at the time he chose Kansas. Not sure that VCU really recruited him that much. UR has an open spot and has been actively seeking a transfer. Not sure that he comes to UR, but he knows and likes our system and attended a handful of games his senior year, knows some guys on the team, etc. I'd say Wake may be the front-runner, though, because Manning recruited him to Kansas, and I think they also have an open spot after two recruits pulled out.

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
Anyone who came aboard now (this summer/fall) would have to come as a walk-on as we don't have any scholarships to give. And I don't see anyone else transferring at this point.
An additional transfer would be far more likely than someone coming in as a walk on.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
That's what Justin T said at this time last year.
We had two open slot available when Tillman verballed. Then came Larrier, and finally with all scholarships taken, Gilmore verballed.