Anyone fish ūüé£?

92VCUpikapp

Top Member
Dec 21, 2010
The Herring/Shad/Striper run is slowly approaching RVA. Any fellow Ramnation anglers out there? Would love to compare notes and maybe meet up on the river to crush the striper/Shad this spring.

I fish off a paddle board modified for trolling. Have had great success from Rockets Landing up to the 14th St bridge over the years. Lots of 24 to 32‚ÄĚ Striper. Let the fish stories begin ;).

Reactions: SpiderRAM
May 19, 2015
If fish in the bay, Buoy 42, Gwynn's Island reef, Piankatank River, Windmill Pt and this year (Oct-Dec) was not great. This is my favorite time to fish for strippers. We usually can 2 to 3 36" or longer strippers for the year, otherwise they are either 26 to 28", which I prefer. My favorite is spot and crabbing. We have the baskets for crabbing, but sometimes, we will hang the chicken on a string while on the pier. Overall, fishing has been very bad around Gwynns Island.

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
We only fish in our backyard pond. Bamboo poles, catch your own crickets and grasshoppers in the yard for bait, catch & release.

My Dad & I came very close to death the last time we went deep sea fishing in the OBX. That was the end of that for us!

May 19, 2015
We only fish in our backyard pond. Bamboo poles, catch your own crickets and grasshoppers in the yard for bait, catch & release.

My Dad & I came very close to death the last time we went deep sea fishing in the OBX. That was the end of that for us!
That is some scary water. I don't like the Outer Banks fishing, though I know it is the best. I cannot handle the high seas. Let me rephrase--my stomach cannot handle the high seas, swells, etc.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
The Herring/Shad/Striper run is slowly approaching RVA. Any fellow Ramnation anglers out there? Would love to compare notes and maybe meet up on the river to crush the striper/Shad this spring.

I fish off a paddle board modified for trolling. Have had great success from Rockets Landing up to the 14th St bridge over the years. Lots of 24 to 32‚ÄĚ Striper. Let the fish stories begin ;).
92Ram is a fishing god Check with him. I a
A fish prrssrvationist evidently as I don’t reel in many

Reactions: 92VCUpikapp