Appearance Updates

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Just wanted to let you all know that I'm making some appearance updates in the next few minutes - I wanted to get a thread going so that you can report any issues or concerns. Thanks in advance for any feedback!
TY for the update. A few days ago I badly shattered the screen of my iphone I've used for 5-6 years, got a new one yesterday and did a browser sync, right after that sync noticed the change on my PC browser, and wasn't sure if the change was because of that, LOL.

The battery was at a point it was mysteriously going dead when I least expected it. I did get a new screen for the old phone I'm gonna use as a disposable wifi only phone around the house. It went in well, but messed the touch button ribbon up, so I found one for 6 dollars, and that'll go it in a few days- I'd suggest if you are in this position and wanna fix your iphone:
1) handle carefully, and if you can, get a replacement screen that has that thumbprint home button attached already, LOL.
2) the screws are nearly microscopic, and it's not a fun job- hard thing, but keep track of them and where they go, they're not identical.
3) go ahead and get yourself a replacement battery and do that while you're at it, too. Lighted reading glasses help.
4) make sure your kit has the suction thingy and the two needed screwdrivers.
5) have at least one lit weighted base magnifying glass at the ready.
6) watch some youtube videos on your model, first, and be patient.

MattRock

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
TY for the update. A few days ago I badly shattered the screen of my iphone I've used for 5-6 years, got a new one yesterday and did a browser sync, right after that sync noticed the change on my PC browser, and wasn't sure if the change was because of that, LOL.

The battery was at a point it was mysteriously going dead when I least expected it. I did get a new screen for the old phone I'm gonna use as a disposable wifi only phone around the house. It went in well, but messed the touch button ribbon up, so I found one for 6 dollars, and that'll go it in a few days- I'd suggest if you are in this position and wanna fix your iphone:
1) handle carefully, and if you can, get a replacement screen that has that thumbprint home button attached already, LOL.
2) the screws are nearly microscopic, and it's not a fun job- hard thing, but keep track of them and where they go, they're not identical.
3) go ahead and get yourself a replacement battery and do that while you're at it, too. Lighted reading glasses help.
4) make sure your kit has the suction thingy and the two needed screwdrivers.
5) have at least one lit weighted base magnifying glass at the ready.
6) watch some youtube videos on your model, first, and be patient.
This was very enlightening

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
This was very enlightening
Two days of messing with the thing. I've dropped it about a dozen times, never had it hit a piece of gravel screen first, LOL. Immediately put shards of glass in two fingers, it was bad. Doing screen replacement is not something you wanna wish on anyone, but it is doable.

80sRam

Elite Member
Looks great.

One very minor beef: I do miss the floating top and bottom arrows that were in the lower right.

Orion

Elite Member
Looks great!

Also haven’t posted in months but I noticed a difference. Super clean on mobile!