AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
That's actually a great question.

My gut says the dead roster spots from Frampton and Pritchett being out surprisingly last season was a killer, but you're right, no paper a lot of question marks (did they really replace any of those two or JAG?).

I do like Grady, Bradkovich and Lee as a solid little core and I think Boachie-Yiodam, Mike Jones and Collins are all very solid (Jones & Collins both 40% 3p% guys). My gut says McKillop just finds a way to figure it out more than last season. Either way, they beat us last season and are always tough, so I just throw em in the "tough game" column.
McKillop might go with freshman Emory Lanier or he could move Grady over to point and move someone like Lee up to shooting guard.

Reactions: mrgeode

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
McKillop might go with freshman Emory Lanier or he could move Grady over to point and move someone like Lee up to shooting guard.
Grady is a great player, but a turnover machine and weak defender—sort of hope that is the direction they go. Lee scares me though, he was lighting it up at the end of last season. Any intel on Lanier?

Reactions: mrgeode

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Grady is a great player, but a turnover machine and weak defender—sort of hope that is the direction they go. Lee scares me though, he was lighting it up at the end of last season. Any intel on Lanier?
Not really. He is a 6'2 guard. He was ranked as a 2-star or NR.

Reactions: PRock

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
At least we can all rest easy in knowing that if we do go 7-11 as predicted, we'll get to hear a metrics-driven and cliche-less dialogue about the results with an honest and in-depth assessment as to why they occurred.

Last edited:

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
At least we can all rest easy in knowing that if we do go 7-11 as predicted, we'll get to hear a metrics-driven and cliche-less dialogue about the results with an honest and in-depth assessment as to why they occurred.
If we go 7-11 I don't need anyone to tell me why we suck... ;)

MemTGRS

Top Member
Apr 27, 2009
That is a nice conference schedule, Rams. We are playing St. Louis and I am reading about how good they are going to be. Unfortunately, it does remind me that the AAC would have a challenging time convincing any of the "big three" in my mind (VCU, Dayton, STL) to consider any invitation that I would hope happened yesterday.

But anyway, I have pasted a slightly truncated text shot of my two cents on the debate on the conference message board about letting BYU football have a one year landing spot like the ACC just arranged for Notre Dame. Gave me an excuse to post something far fetched but nice for me if it could happen. Didn't list it because the big concern would be the expenses of volleyball and such (four games vs quad opponent) but would be 18 b'ball games each season (twice vs. quad, once others). Slight majority seem opposed to assisting BYU on a temp basis (most say yes if full time for future). From the past, most folks think very highly of the ideas of Dayton and VCU (as we should) ... nice to be wanted. :)

PS, with four schools in the Mountain or Pacific time, I would think that ESPN would be interested in reviving the former third leg of Big Monday? Would be nice to see the Havoc style late on a Monday night at Gonzaga in The Kennel.

East
Temple
Cincinnati
ECU
Army\VCU

SE
UCF
USF
Memphis
Tulane

SW
Navy\Wichita State
Tulsa
SMU
Houston

West
BYU
San Diego State
Boise State
Air Force\Gonzaga

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
I dont think I want to be in the AAC. Especially with SW and West teams. I would love a East and SE conference, without ECU.

Reactions: MemTGRS

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Let's assume that there is some kind of season that at a minimum covers all conference games.

I expect the conference record to be somewhere between 9-9 and 11-7

While last years team may have had one or two more talented individuals, I firmly believe the Total Team Talent is greater.

I also expect that this team is more of a Team than the collection of people that took the court last year(not sure why the team dynamic was impacted last year and its in thee rear view mirror now so now just focusing on whats in the windshield

This is my basketball opinion not my Ram fan opinion :lol: If I am wrong, feel free to remind me. I can accept when I am wrong.

May 4, 2012
Let's assume that there is some kind of season that at a minimum covers all conference games.

While last years team may have had one or two more talented individuals, I firmly believe the Total Team Talent is greater.

I also expect that this team is more of a Team than the collection of people that took the court last year(not sure why the team dynamic was impacted last year and its in thee rear view mirror now so now just focusing on whats in the windshield

This is my basketball opinion not my Ram fan opinion :lol: If I am wrong, feel free to remind me. I can accept when I am wrong.
Agreed on both counts. .500 is a reasonable expectation. A bit better if the freshmen ramp up quickly.

smiley4284

Top Member
Jul 7, 2011

I agree. It’s hard to gauge this season. Last years team was riddled with injuries and shooting percentage was not great. Question replacing MSS with a Big 12 player. Could be a 7-11 or 15-3 team.