Atlantic 10 Offseason Breakdown

BigE

Elite Member
Atlantic 10 Offseason Breakdown. - Preseason Power Rankings - Preseason Awards - Full Depth Charts

1. St. Bonaventure
2. Richmond
3. VCU
4. Saint Louis
5. Dayton
6. Davidson
7. Rhode Island
8. St. Joe's
9. UMass
10. Duquesne
11. La Salle
12. George Washington
13. George Mason
14. Fordham

Ramlove81

Elite Member
After some had us down around 5th or 6th even before Ace's injury, these are pretty dramatic recoveries. As the Jablonski article says, while Bones is gone to the NBA, we return our next five leading scorers. Most years that's not going to have you dropping to 3rd from a close second place finish. When you add two good transfers, an excellent freshman class and several players who are capable of a breakout season (plus doubts about how the # 2 pick really will perform), 3rd might be too low. But I'll take it. The potential is certainly there for an at large bid. Of course, I'm a notorious homer.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
After some had us down around 5th or 6th even before Ace's injury, these are pretty dramatic recoveries. As the Jablonski article says, while Bones is gone to the NBA, we return our next five leading scorers. Most years that's not going to have you dropping to 3rd from a close second place finish. When you add two good transfers, an excellent freshman class and several players who are capable of a breakout season (plus doubts about how the # 2 pick really will perform), 3rd might be too low. But I'll take it. The potential is certainly there for an at large bid. Of course, I'm a notorious homer.
I have not seen anyone predicting a 5th or 6th conference finish for this season. Most have VCU 3rd and I saw one that had VCU 1st. Do you have links for those 5th or 6th predictions? I would like to read those.

smiley4284

Elite Member
I did not mean bloggers. I meant national pundits. Of course, message board fans and team bloggers are going to hate on VCU.
That’s funny he clearly skipped the 1st two sentences of that guys tweet and dwelled on Ace.

Last edited:

Ramlove81

Elite Member
I have not seen anyone predicting a 5th or 6th conference finish for this season. Most have VCU 3rd and I saw one that had VCU 1st. Do you have links for those 5th or 6th predictions? I would like to read those.
What I remember is, I think, some posters from sites for other schools. Don't think any "legit" sports journalist have had us there. I'm pretty sure it was on twitter (so it must be true, right?), maybe a Dayton fan.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
Typical of DL to pull something like that off Twitter. He knew what I meant.

WTH are you talking about? You are reading way too much my post. The guy predicted we would finish 5th. I thought I was supporting you post.

Oh well.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
WTH are you talking about? You are reading way too much my post. The guy predicted we would finish 5th. I thought I was supporting you post.

Oh well.
How is that supporting my post? Ha! I said that I have not seen any national writer have VCU under 3rd place in their predictions. I asked him for a link to see what he was talking about and you posted a tweet from Billikin Insider whoever that is who says VCU is not good but conceded under his initial idiotic tweet with saying VCU might be top 5.

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member
How is that supporting my post? Ha! I said that I have not seen any national writer have VCU under 3rd place in their predictions. I asked him for a link to see what he was talking about and you posted a tweet from Billikin Insider whoever that is who says VCU is not good but conceded under his initial idiotic tweet with saying VCU might be top 5.
Off Season. :roll: