Attainable future non-conference home/home series

rollins77

Top Member
Insider
May 1, 2009
I actually liked the ESPN Bracketbuster games. We did get to play a couple of good teams.....but I don't think we had much choice in who ESPN decided who would play whom until the last moment.
We had no choice, which is how you end up playing Delaware on a Wednesday, then Nevada, in Reno, on a Friday. Hard pass on BracketBusters. Nice novelty for a few years when we were in the CAA, but no thanks now.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Reactions: duncanlamb

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Staying with the Jesuits, just going with the ones who are better at basketball....so the rumor goes.
Huh, interesting. Wonder if he's actually Catholic. If the Hoyas fall apart and McClung transfers, think we consider him for sit one, play two? I'd kick the tires on him, too. Think he could play the 2 and possibly be an absurd sixth man.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
That Liberty school is rolling man.
Yeah, it's not easy playing against such basketball titans as Kentucky Christian and Trinity Baptist. Aside from Radford, none of their opponents are ranked higher than #182 on KenPom (Radford is #129), and UMES and South Carolina State are in the bottom 20. RealTimeRPI suggests they'll get a reality check against Vanderbilt on Saturday with only a 23% chance of victory.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Yeah, it's not easy playing against such basketball titans as Kentucky Christian and Trinity Baptist. Aside from Radford, none of their opponents are ranked higher than #182 on KenPom (Radford is #129), and UMES and South Carolina State are in the bottom 20. RealTimeRPI suggests they'll get a reality check against Vanderbilt on Saturday with only a 23% chance of victory.
Bet they beat Vanderbilt.

Feb 14, 2011
Why is their schedule so soft? Does going independent in football have anything to do with scheduling quality MBB? It's not like they struggling with funds that would prohibit them for even buying games.

May 3, 2012
Y'all seem to have forgotten something.
I will admit I am not a fan of us playing lu.
Nothing to do with politics particularly.
When did VCU put in the security gates to check for metal detection?
They were hurriedly rushed in just before we played lu... because their students were told to be armed.
I'm not against the second amendment and that wasn't my point.
It's just that edict from the lu president had consequences. Would we have gone to metal detection eventually?
Maybe, but we never used to have it.

I don't like their mindset. And Y'all think gu doesn't meet our standards.