Band discussion!

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
Everyone's favorite subject! Was just curious how you all were feeling about the pep band now that we're a few years out from Ryan leaving. Judging from the response to my posts on Twitter last night, I'd say there's a good amount of fans that are missing the old days and a good amount of current band folks who like where things are, so curious to what you all think.

BE RESPECTFUL...and discuss....

May 4, 2012
much as music was better in the 60's and 70's there will always be a soft spot for Ryan's lineups and delivery.
but that doesnt mean our current guys are not highly entertaining.
I'm always grateful we have a good pep band after seeing what others have.
We are blessed, I'll leave it at that

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
I’m happy with the current band. They work hard and sound great! I’d like to hear them more but it’s not up to me, or the band.

I also think it would be fun to have guest conductors (Ryan or others) for hype games, like Dayton & The Spiders.

Dec 2, 2012
I’m happy with the current band. They work hard and sound great! I’d like to hear them more but it’s not up to me, or the band.

I also think it would be fun to have guest conductors (Ryan or others) for hype games, like Dayton & The Spiders.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
similar questions

• Now that we are a few years from SS departing, how do you feel about MR
  • Now that we are a few years from Dr Trani, how do you feel about Dr Rao
  • Now that we are a few years from playing in the Coliseum , How do you feel about the STU
  • Now that we are a few years from playing in the CAA, how do you feel about the A10
Short answer....The prior was good for us then and the current is good for us now

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
similar questions

• Now that we are a few years from SS departing, how do you feel about MR
  • Now that we are a few years from Dr Trani, how do you feel about Dr Rao
  • Now that we are a few years from playing in the Coliseum , How do you feel about the STU
  • Now that we are a few years from playing in the CAA, how do you feel about the A10
Short answer....The prior was good for us then and the current is good for us now
Well said. 😊

Reactions: SpiderRAM
Aug 7, 2012
I don’t really care all that much about the band, the cheerleaders, the Gold Rush Dancers, or anything else that’s not the team on the floor. I’m there for basketball, not the sideshows. It’s good that we have those other things, but I’m not going to pay enough attention to them to know if they get better or worse.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I don’t really care all that much about the band, the cheerleaders, the Gold Rush Dancers, or anything else that’s not the team on the floor. I’m there for basketball, not the sideshows. It’s good that we have those other things, but I’m not going to pay enough attention to them to know if they get better or worse.
Not sure how much I actually pay attention to “ sideshows “ but the home games are extremely entertaining and the atmosphere is important to my enjoyment. Beats sitting in a half empty gym with a lame game day experience.
I like hearing the band chant and sing...

Ram by Marriage

Insider
May 18, 2015
They are much more enjoyable to listen to at the women’s games because they actually get enough time to play their stuff. They might have a bit less flair with Ryan gone but listening to them at the women’s game shows me they’ve still got it if the game day admin would just make them more or a priority over these terrible timeout gimmicks.

But, they don’t bring in the money and we all know that is the bottom line these days.