Band discussion!

TTL PKG

Top Member
Apr 2, 2012
You guys are pretty funny....
As per usual some of you are right about some stuff. Some are right about most stuff. Some are right about basically nothing.

As far as the current state of the band I’m sure they work extremely hard. Band kids typically have very good work ethics and a drive to be very good. Unfortunately I haven’t had the opportunity to make a game this season but I’m certain all spirit squads are doing what they can to raise the level the best they know how.

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
I personally think the band sounds GREAT....but is just boring as heck. Not saying that must be the opinion shared by all, clearly many disagree. That's just how I feel.

Was talking to Mort pregame about them and how we haven't filmed them in years when we actually used to post band videos quite frequently because they were doing neat new things back then that had "viral" potential. That's just not the case anymore. It feels less like "The Peppas" these days and more like The VCU Athletics Band sponsored by Dr. Pepper.

Same old stuff. Same space kitty picture from five years ago. Just kinda went from the fun area of the arena to now just the loud area. C'est la vie.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I personally think the band sounds GREAT....but is just boring as heck. Not saying that must be the opinion shared by all, clearly many disagree. That's just how I feel.

Was talking to Mort pregame about them and how we haven't filmed them in years when we actually used to post band videos quite frequently because they were doing neat new things back then that had "viral" potential. That's just not the case anymore. It feels less like "The Peppas" these days and more like The VCU Athletics Band sponsored by Dr. Pepper.

Same old stuff. Same space kitty picture from five years ago. Just kinda went from the fun area of the arena to now just the loud area. C'est la vie.
I don’t think I’ve mentioned VCUs band In conversation regarding the Siegel Center experience since I was in school and I graduated in 2015. Saying they are good, but boring is a good assessment. I honestly notice the Woodfin parachute drop more than the band and that happens once a game and sometimes I’m not in the seats where the parachutes drop.

Reactions: RamStrut

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
You guys are pretty funny....
As per usual some of you are right about some stuff. Some are right about most stuff. Some are right about basically nothing.

As far as the current state of the band I’m sure they work extremely hard. Band kids typically have very good work ethics and a drive to be very good. Unfortunately I haven’t had the opportunity to make a game this season but I’m certain all spirit squads are doing what they can to raise the level the best they know how.
Come back

TTL PKG

Top Member
Apr 2, 2012
Last night would have been a good night to break Cee Lo Green back out. For old times sake.
The irony in this post is we were playing GMU when I played “Forget You” by Cee Low at the under 12 timeout. It was such a hit with the student section we played it again at the under 8. 🤷🏻‍♂️
A song played on the radio certainly was ok for the game right? We do have a very creative student section!

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Is it just me or is playing the War song when we’re getting our ass beat not only inappropriate but disheartening?
It makes me want to hide my face at the games and not look at the visitor section. It’s embarrassing. When you start dictating too much like this example with the band you lose that organic fun feel. They need to let the band be free again.