Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
This week’s Legends Classic was a wild ride for virtually every team involved. The Rams dropped their first game against Arizona State, the black and gold entering that one as the favorite after ASU limped into the tournament following an overtime loss to SWAC team, Texas Southern. The Sun Devils would go on to twin the tournament, blowing out Michigan in a shocker, leaving VCU (who led the Sun Devils for about 33 out of 40 minutes) to play for third in a matchup against former Rams coach, Jeff Capel, a game VCU would go on to win despite flirting with disaster late in the second half. The Ace Baldwin-less Rams didn’t really hurt themselves too much in the event, but didn’t necessarily help themselves either, but they did learn a lot about themselves and will hope to build on their performance heading into a tough weekend matchup at Memphis. Some thoughts on the weekend…
THERE IS NO ONE EASIER TO ROOT FOR THAN JOSH BANKS
The unsung hero from the week was junior guard/forward, Josh...

Continue reading...

rammad90

Elite Member
I have been team Josh from Day 1. I see the potential in this young man. I have to say, I wasnt surprised that he didnt leave and am not surprised that Mike and crew want him to stay.

The kid is humble, hard working, and a team guy. Plus he is a long 6'5 kid who seems to like playing D. I went back in forth with a few people before the ASU game and am happy that Josh proved me correct, at least for now.

I think that yes he started number 14 of 15. However, that doesnt mean he cannot contribute or that he cannot ball.

Further, I think given time and the green light from Mike, Banks jump shot will begin to fall.

Fwiw, I think if it doesnt work out this year he will take his 2 years of eligibility, his ball and go elsewhere. The Covid year is a huge factor in his still being here. At least iMHO.

Last edited:

ramluvr99

Insider
I have been team Josh from Day 1. I see the potential in this young man. I have to say, I wasnt surprised that he didnt leave and am not surprised that Mike and crew want him to stay.

The kid is humble, hard working, and a team guy. Plus he is a long 6'5 kid who seems to like playing D. I went back in forth with a few people before the ASU game and am happy that Josh proved me correct, at least for now.

I think that yes he started number 14 of 15. However, that doesnt mean he cannot contribute or that he cannot ball.

Also, I think given time and the green light from Mike, Banks jump shot will begin to fall.

Fwiw, I think if it doesnt work out this year he will take his 2 years of eligibility and his ball and go elsewhere. The Covid year is a huge factor in his still being here. At least iMHO.
huge banks supporter. ur right i think if he gets the green light shots will begin to fall. it has always seemed to be about confidence with him. hoping that he has a similar development to keshawn, where he is huge for us his senior year. maybe started out a little slower than keshawn tho.