Big East Expansion?

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Man, this is a really old post you dug up
I predict that Shaka leaves and after some wondering in the desert ends up at, oh, maybe Marquette.

giphy.gif

VCU Heel

Elite Member
The article doesn’t really make it sound like BE expansion is imminent. Furthermore, what coaches this of expansion amounts to zero. They’ll have no say in if it happens or how it happens.

I wonder if the Big East is willing to expand outside of its private school profile (UConn is a special case). Public schools with larger alumni bases give you more eyeballs. With how things are shifting, they may panic into a bigger expansion than they would otherwise. With notable programs like Memphis and Temple who are getting destroyed by realignment, would the big east be interested in them if they parked their football teams somewhere, maybe independent? Unless the b12 or ACC throw them a rope, they are done. At some point they will accept that.

Havoc City

Elite Member
I wonder if the Big East is willing to expand outside of its private school profile (UConn is a special case). Public schools with larger alumni bases give you more eyeballs. With how things are shifting, they may panic into a bigger expansion than they would otherwise. With notable programs like Memphis and Temple who are getting destroyed by realignment, would the big east be interested in them if they parked their football teams somewhere, maybe independent? Unless the b12 or ACC throw them a rope, they are done. At some point they will accept that.
I'm sure the Big East would be interested them, but the Big East doesn't offer football, and so it's not a fit.

Hoping Big East goes big with stl, dayton, wichita state, and VCU. What an amazing conference that would be!!!