Black And Gold 2021- Here We Go!

A lot of passes with too much air under them. I hate turnovers and it didn't look like a lot of value was placed on keeping them down. Ace will help with that. A lot of missed free throws, including many on the front-end on one and ones.

I likes MBJ's rebounding. Curry and Kern looked like they were having fun.

This looks a lot like last year's team minus Bones and Ace and those are big take aways.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
A lot of passes with too much air under them. I hate turnovers and it didn't look like a lot of value was placed on keeping them down. Ace will help with that. A lot of missed free throws, including many on the front-end on one and ones.

I likes MBJ's rebounding. Curry and Kern looked like they were having fun.

This looks a lot like last year's team minus Bones and Ace and those are big take aways.
It's interesting there were a number of turnovers since Mike mentioned that was a point of emphasis in practice and they'd done well with it. Nerves? We shall see.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
A few thoughts:

Vince looks thinner than precious years. I’m not saying he was overweight, but multiple surgeries had an effect on his weight training. Dude looks like he’s in SHAPE.

MBJ looks more physically fit than last year. He has such a high motor.

Nick Kern is an ATHLETE and has a beautiful jump shot.

Jimmy Nichols may not be a shooter but he can glide through the air and I love the Horace Grant rec specs. Dude will make plays for us this season.

Hason Ward runs like a darn clydesdale. If he can develop some post scoring, watch out.

Jalen DeLoach is HUGE.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Well... we were playing a really good defensive team...😄
Einstein and Fermi called it the B&G paradox. Every play is a jewel and a disaster. And has already happened before and will continue to happen until the end of "time."

Aside from individual performances (which largely mean nothing), what stood out to me was length (duh) and defensive intensity. This was no NBA All Star kind of performance. They went after each other. Poor Jayden was getting trapped and doubled all over the court, and acquitted himself well.

I think we are going to struggle offensively at times this year (could be our downfall) but we will be elite defensively. Uber-athletic, long AF, and going 100 mph at all times. Gonna be fun to watch

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I think we are going to struggle offensively at times this year (could be our downfall) but we will be elite defensively. Uber-athletic, long AF, and going 100 mph at all times. Gonna be fun to watch
It will be important for Williams, Tsohonis, Banks and Kern to be willing to shoot when open. Those are VCU's combo guys that need to open things up.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
It will be important for Williams, Tsohonis, Banks and Kern to be willing to shoot when open. Those are VCU's combo guys that need to open things up.
I have no worries about Vince. I predict Banks is going to be an offensive force, and I like what I see from Kern a lot; he has no fear. I just don't know if combined they are going to be able to fill the hole left by Bones in terms of getting their own.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Einstein and Fermi called it the B&G paradox. Every play is a jewel and a disaster. And has already happened before and will continue to happen until the end of "time."

Aside from individual performances (which largely mean nothing), what stood out to me was length (duh) and defensive intensity. This was no NBA All Star kind of performance. They went after each other. Poor Jayden was getting trapped and doubled all over the court, and acquitted himself well.

If we are elite defensively that will hopefully help give Keyshawn many opportunities to play to his strengths as an open-court terror.