Black & Gold Game

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Jarius Lyles performance in the 2013 B&G game was one of the biggest cases of “this guy is gonna ball out” and not end up happening at VCU. Any predictions on who it could be this year ?
That was more a result of depth at the position and patience. With Bri as a junior and J-Lew as a freshman, he would have had to beat out JLew for any meaningful minutes. Had he stuck it out, as he has stated in an interview, He would have been junior under WW and WW system was an even better fit for his style of play in my opinion. That however opens another set of questions. Does J. Williams come to VCU with two jr point guards on the roster? As he was instrumental in the other three recruits, do they come to VCU. Does WW keep Lyles?

To your question, looking at rooster depth, I would say Nick Kern is the wild card. Can he get enough minutes during the regular season

You can still make the game. I can remember I drove to Harrisonburg one year to go to a JMU football game with my father. My son and I drove back home leaving around 5:30 pm and going straight to the Stu for the B&G game.

Friday is our skyline/ blue ridge parkway driving day. Saturday is our hiking the mountains day. Then Luray Caverns. She’s not as sportsy (I mean like no sports so she’s learning from scratch soccer, basketball, etc so she can share that interest alittle.) so I owe her a weekend of relationship stuff. She puts up with my golfing, NFL sunday, soccer, etc. Plus I’ve had to ditch her on 3 trips (OBX- My friends and I had a house we booked previously but she was in a project for work that week and couldn’t come. DC- Same situation. Golf trip this week- I won a contest to play in titleist sponsored tourney at Ballyhack but we have to stay at the cottages. We can’t bring significant others. So yeah I owe her lol.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
28 days......
ab67706c0000bebbe8b014d8d76312964768c1dd

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Friday is our skyline/ blue ridge parkway driving day. Saturday is our hiking the mountains day. Then Luray Caverns. She’s not as sportsy (I mean like no sports so she’s learning from scratch soccer, basketball, etc so she can share that interest alittle.) so I owe her a weekend of relationship stuff. She puts up with my golfing, NFL sunday, soccer, etc. Plus I’ve had to ditch her on 3 trips (OBX- My friends and I had a house we booked previously but she was in a project for work that week and couldn’t come. DC- Same situation. Golf trip this week- I won a contest to play in titleist sponsored tourney at Ballyhack but we have to stay at the cottages. We can’t bring significant others. So yeah I owe her lol.
Enjoy. I grew up in the Valley. Graves Mountain is a nice little place to stay when visiting. Play "You Don't Want to go to War with the Rams" on the stalactite organ at the caverns.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Enjoy. I grew up in the Valley. Graves Mountain is a nice little place to stay when visiting. Play "You Don't Want to go to War with the Rams" on the stalactite organ at the caverns.

Those caverns were the bane of my existence as a kid…..tortuous weekend days dragged down 81 from NOVA to walk thru some dank, dark, dripping caverns. Today, that sounds like an awesome thing to do on a hot summer day, some of the most beautiful and interesting country in the US out there….now I appreciate the blessing that is the valley.

SteveMM

Elite Member
If you're still looking for a place to stay, I heartily recommend Shadow Mountain Escape. It's a series of rustic but luxury cabins on acreage bordering the Shenandoah National Park. There's a spring-fed stream running through the property and plenty of walking trails. It's adults only and the owners are very nice. We stayed there several times with our kids before they banned children from the property. We're empty nesters now and will be heading back at some point. It's at the bottom of the mountain in a hollow, near Luray.