Bleed Virginia - TBT

cabell

Insider
Jul 14, 2015
Hey guys!

I know we don't have a Ramnation team this year, but Bleed Virginia is close. I'm excited to watch the games. Do we know when the first game will be yet? I saw online where you can buy tickets, so that showed the dates, but I dont know what region we will be playing in.

Thanks!

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012

cabell

Insider
Jul 14, 2015
Yeah, I saw these(always try to research before posting!), but with not knowing our region it doesn't help. I guess we will all find out on the 21st.

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
Wow..getting stocked up with Rams, I mean, it could have just kept an established name, yeah?
I feel like their issue was that fans thought it should be a VCU all star team since it was named RamNation. That's off the table now. I do find the new name a bit odd, though.

TAEKWONDO

Top Member
May 22, 2019
Matt, Natty, is putting this team together, and he is trying to assemble a team that can win the TBT. There has never been a same page with Matt, and VCU as he has never received any support, financial etc., from VCU. The support he has received is from the generosity of his fellow VCU alumni. I know this because I recently talked to him about him trying to put together a team that could win the TBT. He is assembling a team with some good players, and it's good to see Bo Jones will be the head coach.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Matt, Natty, is putting this team together, and he is trying to assemble a team that can win the TBT. There has never been a same page with Matt, and VCU as he has never received any support, financial etc., from VCU. The support he has received is from the generosity of his fellow VCU alumni. I know this because I recently talked to him about him trying to put together a team that could win the TBT. He is assembling a team with some good players, and it's good to see Bo Jones will be the head coach.
He’s certainly doing a good job. Some really impressive names on the roster so far.

MattRock

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2009
Made sense to split given that Natty and the folks at VCU didn't seem to be on the same page.
There was a good bit of frustration at the lack of support and help from the athletic department, particularly while other alumni teams were getting tweets and endorsements from their respective programs (Wichita State, Syracuse, for example).

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
There was a good bit of frustration at the lack of support and help from the athletic department, particularly while other alumni teams were getting tweets and endorsements from their respective programs (Wichita State, Syracuse, for example).

I don't blame you guys one bit. Sending out some tweets and other types of support to the team is the least they could have done for all that the TBT team did for VCU. You guys brought the event to the Stu and made them who knows how much money.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Just a thought and its water under the bridge now and doesn't matter for anything but just maybe the team name caused an issue for VCU legal. Most other alum teams pick names not used by the University brand. I was not a part of the conversation and have no interest in picking sides but just something that I thought about. If the team had been named Siegel Soldiers for example maybe things would have been different. I get its the forum name and all that but other than 1 or 2 loose examples(GMU Alum Green Machine, Iona Alum GaelNation, St Mary's GaelForce, and Marquette Alum Golden Eagles) all the other alum teams picked names that could be associated with the school but not confused with the school brand and marketing. 🤷‍♂️ Just a thought

• Wow