BLOCK PARTY

RAMBALLFAN

Elite Member
I really miss Texas Wisconsin Border Cafe. Big fan of Bamboo as well. We could always slip in at 1:45AM for one more drink before last call.
Widow Maker Chili on Sunday after a serious Saturday night of drinking!

And the “Slam-Boo” for the last last call was a must do.

Thank God there was no social media back then.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Why do you think the "young folk" don't have as much fun as you did?
Because they are always walking around with their heads down, stuck in their phones and not at computers like us.
Seriously, many young people I know (not all) are tied to their gadgets, on them all the time and then still complain of being bored. Try putting them down and going to a block party and dancing like no one is watching! But I'm just a geezer, I really have no idea. Just having some fun here.

Gopher+RamFan

Elite Member
Just one extra semester? You weren’t having enough fun ;) It was always fun seeing the same knuckle heads at Add/Drop every year. :)
In the middle of it all I had a deployment to Iraq (refreshed Yahoo Sports for that CBI series against SLU on really bad internet). What was funny was one of my professors alleged that I never took a final, despite me signing the roster and handing in an exam. I checked my grades while on deployment and was surprised getting an "F". After complaining to the school, VCU let me re-take the Final remotely while on deployment.

Mr X

Elite Member
Insider
Red+Hot+Chili+Peppers+Opening+Act.jpg
Don't sleep on Hibbs.

Tedicola

Elite Member
Yep, Bartender. Came there from the Shockoe Slip Cafe. I worked for Cavallero at the Cafe, and when he opened the Library i worked there for about a year while I finished grad school. Every Thur, Fri, and Sat. primarily at the down stairs bar. Happy Times!
Saw Foghat at the Library or at least I think I did. Kind of a very fuzzy time… hehe.

92VCUpikapp

Elite Member
In the middle of it all I had a deployment to Iraq (refreshed Yahoo Sports for that CBI series against SLU on really bad internet). What was funny was one of my professors alleged that I never took a final, despite me signing the roster and handing in an exam. I checked my grades while on deployment and was surprised getting an "F". After complaining to the school, VCU let me re-take the Final remotely while on deployment.
Thank you for your service!

I recall Iggy Pop on Halloween in the Mosque basement. Another show was J Geils in the main hall. Other shows —-Nona Hendryx, Asleep at the Wheel, Gang of Four, REM and too many Fridays!!
REM got pissed off, they were the opening act. 😲🤪🤪