Bold predictions for 2022-23

You have to be the most negative person I have ever not really met except on the internet. Every single one of your posts in response to other members posts is always basically saying, 'You are wrong'.
While I appreciate your basketball knowledge, you are extremely contrarian in your comments.

I'm probably the "most negative person" you've never met, at least in this regard: Rather than pledge to the "Kappa Sigma Yes Man" frat, I try and see things more down the middle of the court. As for predictions, I'm likely on the high end of positive. My crystal ball says Rams will go 25-6 regular season. Should the black 'n' gold somehow declaw the Wolverines, a meteoric rise in Top 25 will follow.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
You have to be the most negative person I have ever not really met except on the internet. Every single one of your posts in response to other members posts is always basically saying, 'You are wrong'.
While I appreciate your basketball knowledge, you are extremely contrarian in your comments.
It’s an effing message board. WTF do you expect? What I said is backed up by the last 10 years of the A10’s results.

And I’m pretty sure that not “every single one” of my responses to others isn’t to say that they’re wrong. Hyperbole much?

Last edited:
It’s an effing message board. WTF do you expect? What I said is backed up by the last 10 years of the A10’s results.

And I’m pressure sure that not “every single one” of my responses to others isn’t to say that they’re wrong. Hyperbole much?
I enjoy Heel's posts. He is a pragmatist.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I enjoy Heel's posts. He is a pragmatist.
I might be a little on the pessimistic side of pragmatism, but I try my best to be realistic about expectations. Even with the predictions about UNC being preseason #1 and national champion favorites, I’m very cautious about the season and making bold predictions for them.

I might be a little on the pessimistic side of pragmatism, but I try my best to be realistic about expectations. Even with the predictions about UNC being preseason #1 and national champion favorites, I’m very cautious about the season and making bold predictions for them.
Very little sunshine, mostly cloudy. That is ok.

the magic 8 ball is telling me the following WILL occur

MR sprains his ankle in the early season and will miss a few weeks of action
Ace Baldwin will join the Baltimore Ravens at CB during their Super Bowl run
VCU BOV will approve maize and blue as our new color scheme
Bones will have his first NBA 30 point game
one of the retired jerseys in the rafters will be removed because of a scandal

My doctor will not authorize the refill of my psychotic meds

go rams
(we will finish OOC with 2 or less losses)

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
The A10 would have to dominate in OOC. Once conference play starts, one team winning means another team loses.

The A10 hasn’t gotten more than 3 teams in since 2013 when it was a MUCH stronger conference with a bunch of programs that are gone. It hasn’t gotten more than 2 teams in since 2017.
3 teams made the NCAA Tournament in 2018.

I4one

Elite Member
the magic 8 ball is telling me the following WILL occur

MR sprains his ankle in the early season and will miss a few weeks of action
Ace Baldwin will join the Baltimore Ravens at CB during their Super Bowl run
VCU BOV will approve maize and blue as our new color scheme
Bones will have his first NBA 30 point game
one of the retired jerseys in the rafters will be removed because of a scandal

My doctor will not authorize the refill of my psychotic meds

go rams
(we will finish OOC with 2 or less losses)
Are they “psychotic “ drugs or “anti-psychotic“. There is a difference you know. Me, I prefer the psychotic type. A little more freeing.
OOC 2 loses.
top 3 at end of season with a A10 tournament. Can’t quite see who wins. Need more mushroom.
win at least 1 big dance game.
go Rams.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
I once said something like this (only harsher) to a poster that critiqued me a few times. I regretted that post I made to him and wish i could take it back bc the poster is a pretty cool dude from what I know. I think anything goes on a message board as long as nothing is a personal attack.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Bold Predictions hmm....

Lets see.... In No Particular order of how of bold I think these predictions are
1. VCU Will win the A10 Tournament
2. VCU will Make the Round of 16 in the NCAA Tourney
3. VCU Will have 2 players on First team All A-10
4. VCU will have the A-10 Player of the year

I'd say the first 2 are bold literally because each scenario has only happened once

VCU Heel

Elite Member

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Very little sunshine, mostly cloudy. That is ok.
As long as that means cool and breezy here at in the last dog days of August, I'm fine with it.
Seriously, I sometimes disagree with Heel, but he's always well informed and I know if I get in an argument with him I better be prepared on my end. I admit I've grown into pushing sunshine, I'm just happier that way! It hasn't come easy to either. I also think positive energy is contagious. So, I will try to spread it.
Love your stuff Heel, even if it comes with a little negativity.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

VCU Heel

Elite Member
6 was a freaking miracle.

But yeah, on average the A10 tends to be a 3-bid league, but it's slumped during the past few years.
Over the last 7 NCAA Tournaments, the conference has averaged 2.57 teams per tournament. We’re right on that 2-3 line. But that’s inflated a bit by the first 4 of those 7 seasons. The last three tournaments have all been 2 teams a season. And last year could have been 1 team if Davidson beat Richmond in the A10 championship game.