districtballer

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
At this point it’s pretty much indisputable that Bones was an upgrade as a player from Byrd.

Wish P.J. all the very best, but VCU did come out better with Bones.

There is a reason P.J.’s only scratched in 2 games with Colorado State (both 25 or more point blowouts, 1 of which was against a NAIA program).

That’s not to denigrate P.J.Byrd the man, who by all accounts was a good kid who played hard for VCU and wanted to be here. As a player, we needed more from the position and it seems we got that with Bones.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
That’s not to denigrate P.J.Byrd the man, who by all accounts was a good kid who played hard for VCU and wanted to be here. As a player, we needed more from the position and it seems we got that with Bones.
Agree, but I am planning to playfully denigrate @Wolfpack Ram every chance I get for telling me to slow down on the comparison! :D

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Yeah what's up with VCU always having to be a co? Poop's rigged, man
If you go back you will see that they always have co-players of the week as well. It seems to be their thing to pick two players each week.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
If you go back you will see that they always have co-players of the week as well. It seems to be their thing to pick two players each week.
I’m fine with that ...lot of good players performing well...let the kids get recognized. I would expand it to a player of the week plus a top 5.

Last edited: