WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
How do you guys compare/contrast Bones’ game with Ace’s?
Bones seems to be a real scorer, shooter, with some slasher who can make a great pass to the right/open guy. From my watching, Ace is a passer/playmaker who doesn’t look to score as much but rather distribute to get his teammates great/easy looks.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Bones seems to be a real scorer, shooter, with some slasher who can make a great pass to the right/open guy. From my watching, Ace is a passer/playmaker who doesn’t look to score as much but rather distribute to get his teammates great/easy looks.
If we cant go big on the fifth scholarship then I would like vcu to go after Noah Farrahkan.

NCRam

Top Member
Feb 23, 2013
Plays with his head up. THAT is the key. He is always seeing the floor. His passes are deadly accurate too.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Got to speak truth though. Not personal. I agree. Waayyy better. Also, better than the Batts kid that couldn't cut it at NC State too. We definitely got a good one in Bones!
Agreed, but in fairness to Batts, he dropped 40 on somebody this season, though I think he followed that up with a two point performance, so go figure. But anybody who drops 40 on a D-1 team (I think it was a D-1 team), no matter how good or bad they are, that's eye catching.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
+
Agreed, but in fairness to Batts, he dropped 40 on somebody this season, though I think he followed that up with a two point performance, so go figure. But anybody who drops 40 on a D-1 team (I think it was a D-1 team), no matter how good or bad they are, that's eye catching.
I saw batts vs. tennessee. Right now, he is college version of Bri with better offense.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
+

I saw batts vs. tennessee. Right now, he is college version of Bri with better offense.
Like I said before, you're a basketball guru based on your ability to make evaluations based on one game. Still not as impressive as your assessment that DJ Haley could be the next Roy Hibbert based on one spin move.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
I
It was against SC State and UNC-A lost by 5.
I agree that we did end up with the best of three. As much as I wanted Batts to stay, I respect the kid for chasing a dream at NCSU (it’s just unfortunate for him he was a “stop gap” player). I lived in Richmond for 40+ years and am both a VCU alumni & basketball fanatic, but I do have to tip my hat to NCSU. I’ve been down here in Raleigh for going on two years now and have come to learn that NCSU and Raleigh are both well run entities. NCSU has Excellent academics, both campuses are very nice, great sports facilities, and playing in the ACC doesn’t suck. Concerning the city, If Richmond had the same quality Administration/Leadership that Raleigh has, the city would be amazing. Sorry for the rant, in short, I think Batts is a good point guard where as Bones can elevate the talent we attract which can be transformative for the program.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
I

I agree that we did end up with the best of three. As much as I wanted Batts to stay, I respect the kid for chasing a dream at NCSU (it’s just unfortunate for him he was a “stop gap” player). I lived in Richmond for 40+ years and am both a VCU alumni & basketball fanatic, but I do have to tip my hat to NCSU. I’ve been down here in Raleigh for going on two years now and have come to learn that NCSU and Raleigh are both well run entities. NCSU has Excellent academics, both campuses are very nice, great sports facilities, and playing in the ACC doesn’t suck. Concerning the city, If Richmond had the same quality Administration/Leadership that Raleigh has, the city would be amazing. Sorry for the rant, in short, I think Batts is a good point guard where as Bones can elevate the talent we attract which can be transformative for the program.
Bones will be a GREAT point guard. Only scratching the surface at this point and the surface looks pretty good. We haven't had a freshman PG this good in a generation at least. All the way back to mine the baby boomers.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN