Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I cringe every time I hear Alexander Harper's name. Capel did finally bench him late in his senior season, but it should have happened a lot sooner. Other teams knew they only had to defend 4 VCU players as Harper was a threat to no one on offense. Total head scratcher that he started as many games as he did.
This is probably the game where I said I can't do this any longer: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=260542670

31 mins, 0 pts, 0 rebs, 1 assist, 1 steal, 3 to, 1 foul.

rammed

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I guess comparison to other players is inevitable ( but annoying), Bones is going to be special without comparison. Mark it down - great Ram. So, about Harper, he wasn’t as bad as everyone who wants to trash him. Consistent not a standout. Capel knew what he was doing (I think).

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
I guess comparison to other players is inevitable ( but annoying), Bones is going to be special without comparison. Mark it down - great Ram. So, about Harper, he wasn’t as bad as everyone who wants to trash him. Consistent not a standout. Capel knew what he was doing (I think).
I remember Alexander he was our starting guard but Amazing replaced him, sort of what Bones is doing to Evan's.

Dr Joe

Top Member
Insider
Oct 12, 2017
I remember Alexander he was our starting guard but Amazing replaced him, sort of what Bones is doing to Evan's.
:I must be watching a different team. INMO ME is our best off the ball defender, not even close. He harasses opposing PGs and wears them out by the second half. If he regains his offensive confidence we can win some big games. Without him we struggle to create turnovers. I love what Bones brings but I also love the grit and determination of Marcus. Two very different kind of players who can both help make this a memorable season.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
:I must be watching a different team. INMO ME is our best off the ball defender, not even close. He harasses opposing PGs and wears them out by the second half. If he regains his offensive confidence we can win some big games. Without him we struggle to create turnovers. I love what Bones brings but I also love the grit and determination of Marcus. Two very different kind of players who can both help make this a memorable season.
This x10
ME is our most important player.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Oh poop. DB was a West Gracer?
Me too. Next block up from Safeway. Big fancy columns at the foot of the block to tell all that they were about to enter elite territory and get rained on by bottle rockets fired from 3rd floor porches.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Some guys are good just because they seem to have a knack for the game, some are good because they work really hard and use advantages in their athleticism to make a difference. Bones fits into both categories, that is why he is an elite basketball player (Vince too). I’m cool with letting the coaches coach—but selfishly, i want more Bones and more Vince, because I love watching basketball players play.