LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Immanuel Quickley and the better version of him, Bones, possibly back-to-back?

Bones possibly getting to ball out against the Suns on opening night?

Can we have a watch party?

Last edited:

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
January or February at the earliest for Murray. That's probably optimistic.

Yep. I keep seeing February as a return month from their beat writers.
Well if that's the case.... Sparring injuries... or a last minute trade.... we could very well see him start opening night.... if not soon after.

As of right now their Guards are as follows:
Jamal Murray (out with injury)
Bones Hyland
Facundo Campazzo (PG) (who the F***?)
PJ Dozier (SG)
Shaquille Harrison (SG)
Markus Howard (PG)
Monte Morris (PG)
Austin Rivers (SG)

Those are all their PG/SG's right now.

I suspect Rivers or Dozier will start at the 2... and itll be a battle between Morris, Compazzo & Bones for the PG spot.

Campazzo started 19 of 65 Games played last year, Averaged 21.9 MPG, 6.1 PPG
Morris started 13 of 47 Games played last year, averaged 25.4 MPG, 10.4 PPG
Howard started 1 of 37 Games played last year, averaged 5.5 MPG, 2.8 PPG

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Well if that's the case.... Sparring injuries... or a last minute trade.... we could very well see him start opening night.... if not soon after.

Bones Hyland
PJ Dozier (SG)
Shaquille Harrison (SG)
Markus Howard (PG)
Monte Morris (PG)
Austin Rivers (SG)

I suspect Rivers or Dozier will start at the 2... and itll be a battle between Morris, Compazzo & Bones for the PG spot.

Yeah, he's in a good position to earn some minutes early. If he can do that I think he keeps getting court time - it's just getting on the court to start with is easier said than done.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider

Bones Hyland
PJ Dozier (SG)
Shaquille Harrison (SG)
Markus Howard (PG)
Monte Morris (PG)
Austin Rivers (SG)

I listened to a podcast today and the Denver guys think Bones is 5th on the guard depth chart with Murray out.

Monte Morris
Austin Rivers
Facundo Campazzo
PJ Dozier
Bones Hyland

You also have Markus Howard in the equation. I think that is what I heard them saying when I listened. Those guys definitely want some creativity at guard that Bones would bring but they did not hold out much hope due to Malone. They mentioned Malone's aversion to playing young guys as being a big factor. Hopefully Bones will break that glass ceiling.

I will be very disappointed if he ends up in G League at any point this year tbh. I watched enough Nuggets ball last year to confidently say that he's among the best 10 players on their roster and it showed this summer.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I will be very disappointed if he ends up in G League at any point this year tbh. I watched enough Nuggets ball last year to confidently say that he's among the best 10 players on their roster and it showed this summer.
I am with you on that. Since he was drafted I have been following their media and Malone's stubbornness keeps being mentioned. Hopefully he will recognize he has a guy that can be a long range threat with the spacing and a guy that looks to make the right play for his teammates.

I am with you on that. Since he was drafted I have been following their media and Malone's stubbornness keeps being mentioned. Hopefully he will recognize he has a guy that can be a long range threat with the spacing and a guy that looks to make the right play for his teammates.

Malone was really tough on MPJ so I can see why people are hesitant but with Murray's injury and the way Bones is playing they're gonna have no choice. We'll see, I am hoping for the best, would love to see him playing 15+ minutes night in and night out

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I would not. He may well be amongst their top 10 players but they may need players 11-15 who are a better fit for minutes used on position. Moreover, if he isnt playing it is better he get minutes and gets better in the G League rather than sitting the bench and not playing.

He's young he needs minutes and practice.
Did you mean to quote @Thirstin4Burston? You said I would not and my post was about what I heard about Malone as a coach. Thirstin mentioned being disappointed with the G League.

rammad90

Elite Member
I would not. He may well be amongst their top 10 players but they may need players 11-15 who are a better fit for minutes used on position. Moreover, if he isnt playing it is better he get minutes and gets better in the G League rather than sitting the bench and not playing.

He's young he needs minutes and practice.