DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
wonder how long it took him to get acclimated to the high altitude, for mere mortals like me it takes a couple days and I'm guessing for world class athletes it's much quicker

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
I wish, someone would have asked him if, he would be in the running for Rookie of the Year.

rammad90

Elite Member
wonder how long it took him to get acclimated to the high altitude, for mere mortals like me it takes a couple days and I'm guessing for world class athletes it's much quicker
When I was in the Army we had an All Army distance runner die do to altitude. Athletic prowess doesnt make much of a difference. The Army protocol was 10 days acclimation.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
When I was in the Army we had an All Army distance runner die do to altitude. Athletic prowess doesnt make much of a difference. The Army protocol was 10 days acclimation.
That’s insane. Where were you stationed?

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider

I have wondered over the years how that works with professional athletes because they are spending most of their time closer to sea level, then fly into Denver for example to play a game and might not even be in the city for 24 hours before the game tips.